Senior Demand Planner, Project Team - PVH Corp.
Design Your Future at PVH
Senior Demand Planner, Project Team – PVH Corp.
As part of our Strategic Planning Team, a Senior Demand Planner-Project Team, you’ll position PVH business units through the initial implementation and skill development of JDA Demand Planning. You will use the forecasting tools inherent in JDA, combined with sound demand planning science, to ensure the team’s initial work on learning appropriate levels of skill and content knowledge meets the project goals. As a ‘super user’ you will share both demand planning and project management experience to ensure adoption of all business users. The tool introduction presents significant team and individual changes, therefore you present an important first layer of change management leadership. Thus, the opportunity requires you bring a team-oriented, learning driven, and fact based collaborative process to all work. Through such collaboration, you will establish the appropriate key initial knowledge transfers- demand planning, more integrated business process, product lifecycle and segmentation concepts, monthly data and statistical rigor, and an optimism about the possibilities. This should lead you toward guiding demand analysts to new practices in statistical models, historical cleansing/tuning, and attribution. As a senior demand planner, your role is to support the technical performance of the team in the forecasting tools and solution but with a keen bias toward supporting PVH Performs project in user adoption.
Responsibility for the position include:
- Provide daily user JDA Demand tool support including creating and explaining configurations, setting parameters/exceptions, re-training, merging tool and ‘to be’ process, expand use of JDA workbenches, validate before and after analysis on initial forecast tuning, intake user identified issues and gaps in tool performance.
- Statistical model setup and fine tuning of baseline forecasts.
- Lead and develop exercises supporting JDA tool training and adoption. Document training gaps and process risks which could be elevated and become dysfunctional. Support content development from seniors on all training required. Conduct one-to-one post-go live tutorials on 2nd level forecasting concepts.
- Lead DITL – ‘day in the life training’ for new business user groups. Conduct training sessions with proper differentiation of content. Integrate relevant business scenarios into training and analyze opportunities for process development.
- Attend and support the user acceptance testing (UAT). Work with PVH business analysts to drive process efficiently to completion. Test scripts as needed.
- Deliver post-go live evaluation and training to users on demand planning fundamentals within JDA. Fill in gaps as a “Super User” and work with seniors to positions gap closing proposals.
- Support teams in achieving successful historical demand analysis, cleansing and rationalizing of history, filtering out outliers/exceptions, identify the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm, develop base plan, understand year-over-year variance, and establish both product and demand group hierarchy process.
- Develop forecasting practices, and serve as primary trainer, on core + and fashion product. This includes advising on style concept development and tracking, prior season productivity analysis, and establishment of planning rules associated to such product types. Train users on tool workbench, parameters, exceptions, views.
- Super user for, and where necessary train users, basic DFU maintenance (add, merge, delete) and related use of forecast types.
- Determine and communicate forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities, to the supply planners. Lead monthly demand-supply integration meetings providing front-end insight to lessen impact of significant lag errors on prior forecasts. Contribute to monthly IBP (S&OP) demand reviews as needed.
- Ensure teams use of DDE (data driven events), locks, new mean values, and understanding of seasonality meets the necessary conditions and level of maturity with your manager.
- Support, measure, analyze, and report key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs). Train teams on use of required demand and business planning reports.
- Complete post-launch evaluation, major bias and error root cause analyses, and find most sustainable ways to capture and apply knowledge learned to team. Be a center of learning for others. Analyze data scenarios.
Skill Requirements for the position include:
- Demand planning science particular emphasis on (a) statistical, pattern, or attribution analysis, (b)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Must have good negotiating and influencing skills and ability to resolve problems and conflicting priorities.
- Advanced planning supply chain software experience, JDA Demand tool recommended but not required, like systems such as SAP APO, Kinaxis, Logility, Manugistics, Oracle advanced planning, Steelwedge.
- Organizational aptitude, skills in knowing which functions perform what tasks and how to approach them.
- Product and replenishment segmentation knowledge helpful. Ability to plan in a multi-dimensional model.
- Demonstrate proficiency in fostering teamwork and like experiences with continuous learning and/or training.
- Analytical mind comfortable developing data scenarios, variance analyses, causal (basic) models.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3-6 years experience in demand planning with any one of the following strong associations: business planning, inventory management, commercial or financial analysis, operations, product planning, or distribution.
- Several years experience with a leading advanced planning solution / tool such as JDA Demand, SAP APO, Manugistics, Logility Demand, Steelwedge, Kinaxis, Oracle Planning
- Consumer products company, preferred, fast moving consumer goods in multi-channel business highly desirable, some direct planning experience with seasonal or new product environments
- JDA Collaborate highly desirable – any experience in an S&OP model a plus.
- Database and advanced MS Excel
- APICS certification not required but highly valued
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top