Senior Demand Planner
Design Your Future at PVH
Senior Demand Planner
As our Senior Demand Planning Analyst you’ll position PVH business unit through proactive mid-to-long range demand forecasting/planning to support capacity requirements and business strategies. You will use forecasting tools, a mix of product-customer-consumer intelligence, and offline analysis to deliver an improved forecast accuracy and understanding of our business performance. You will design and lead a collaborative process with key customers defining the appropriate forecast inputs and business-to-business analyses. You will collaborate with colleagues in Sales, Operations, to grow revenue and profitability through improved line planning, forecast accuracy. Through such collaboration, you will establish the appropriate product lifecycle and segmentation review that can lead to an establishment of improved new product and end of life planning accuracy. This should lead you toward guiding demand analysts to new practices in statistical models, historical cleansing/tuning, and attribution. As a senior forecaster, your role is to support the technical performance of the team in the forecasting tools and solution, and, help manage the weekly and monthly forecasting activities. Training of team members, thus, is pivotal in this role.
In addition, as responsible demand planner for our most strategic and important customers, you will own the guidance, negotiation, and balancing of developing demand gaps providing commercial insight to the Director of Demand Planning for all financial reporting and integrated business planning requirements.
- Analyze historical demand, filter out outliers/exceptions, identify the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm, develop base plan, understand variance, propose improvement opportunities, communicate agreements, incorporate demand signal into forecast.
- Lead forecasting practice of fashion workflow, including color/style concept development and tracking, prior season productivity analysis, and establishment of planning rules associated to such product types.
- Determine and communicate forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities, to the supply planners. Lead monthly demand-supply integration meetings providing front-end insight to lessen impact of significant lag errors on prior forecasts.
- Measure, analyze, and report key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Complete hindsight of all program launches, learn from each to alter launches for the future.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Must have good negotiating and influencing skills and ability to resolve conflict and multiple priorities.
- Know the supply and production process.
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering continuous learning, empowerment, involvement, and opportunities.
- Lead the monthly consolidation of forecasts across team clusters so that demand review and new product reviews are conducted as part of the integrated business planning cycle.
- Ensure alignment of Demand Forecast with Sales Estimate and/or provide reconciliation and analysis of variance so that Director of Demand Planning can effectively prepare Management Review for integrated business planning.
- Drive long range, annual and seasonal categorical and product-type (color/style) opportunity analysis and demand forecast strategies
- Interact with sales, and operations to understand and interpret the potential impact market trends and demand drivers can have on demand, and adjust the statistical forecast to reflect those impacts.
- 5 years experience with any one of the following: planning, inventory management, commercial analysis, operations, buying/procurement, financial analysis, and/or logistics/distribution.
- 2-4 years experience with a leading forecasting solution / tool such as JDA Demand, i2 Demand, SAP APO, Manugistics, Logility Demand, Steelwedge, Kinaxis, Oracle
- Consumer products company, preferred, fast moving consumer goods in multi-channel business highly desirable
- JDA Collaborate highly desirable
- Database and MS Excel
- Evidence of retail or commercial acumen with such concepts as promotion, sell-through, margin, distribution mechanics, velocity, seasonality
- Bachelor’s degree – Supply chain major a plus
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top