Retail Business Trainer--Tommy Hilfiger
Design Your Future at PVH
Retail Business Trainer—Tommy Hilfiger
The Retail Business Trainer is responsible for all functions of the training process including determining needs, instructional class design, materials development, facilitation and evaluation. They will work within the Merch Ops team to train all new hires, as well as existing associates, in our Corporate Office for the Retail Division in New York City. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm and strong passion for training, developing, and supporting the business organization.
- Identify and understand business needs in order to propose effective training solutions. Partner with SMEs to create effective training programs geared to business needs
- Translate functional systems specifications and screen design documents into business training manuals. Keep existing training materials updated at all times
- Establish performance objectives to meet goals set forth for each learning event
- Develop interactive training solutions to engage participants including the use of visual aids and blended learning techniques. Use appropriate business terminology; incorporate business acumen concepts into class content
- Facilitate/deliver all classes assigned to target audience using adult learning principles. Present content in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrate credibility at all times
- Select appropriate measurements tools and levels of evaluation. Summarize and provide recommendations as needed
- Execute administrative functions as needed including scheduling, coordinating room assignments, email communications, etc.
- Place a strong emphasis on the successful on boarding of our new hires; train and coaching them to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in their positions immediately back on the job. Ensure successful transfer of information
- Work collaboratively and build strong partnerships with department leaders to accomplish business priorities through training events
- Provide excellent customer service by troubleshooting issues from internal customers and providing timely solutions. Solicit constant feedback for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree; business, retail, training education/experience, a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years training experience (retail training, preferred)
- Knowledge of JDA Products (Allocation, Enterprise Planning, SSI, Assortment Planning, Demand Planning), and Island Pacific Merchandising system, a strong plus
- Past business experience in Planning, Allocation or Merchandising a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Must be a self-starter and be detail-oriented
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent skills with MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
- eLearning development skills a strong plus (Adobe Captivate, Articulate Suite)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills
Candidates must apply directly to the position via our online application system in order to be considered.
No agencies, calls or emails regarding this position.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top