Raw Materials Manager - Speedo
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Raw Materials Manager - Speedo
The Raw Material Manager is responsible for managing the overall process of developing and innovating new and seasonal fabrics that meet designer's aesthetic vision while balancing quality, cost and speed. They will maintain and develop a supply chain that supports the over arching strategic vision. Collaborating with mills, NY Raw Material team, and Global Supply Chain Partners.
This role plays a key role as a conduit and decision maker between the Design and commercialization of the product, linking the product to manufacturing capabilities. He or she will solve escalation of day to day global problems and implement new processes and technologies that drive toward operational excellence
- Be aware of industry trends through research.
- Attend global shows as appropriate.
- Surface ideas to drive innovation.
- Manage process of communicating trend and innovation research.
- Understand how the innovation works and opportunities for marketing claims
- Establish fabric menu/portfolio pre-season for design to use for their seasonal collections.
- Manage execution of pre-season developments that deliver against brands' aesthetics, using suppliers within our mill matrix
- Responsible for on-time delivery of robust Fabric Development Sheet (FDS) to design
- Pro actively monitor and meet calendar deadlines for approvals and mill execution. Ensure capacity to meet deadlines and manage resources as needed
- Analyze 4 lever costing information
- Provide macro trend information available from mill that may impact the negotiation strategy
- Negotiate price
- Manage and train Mills across defined region
- Maintain supplier Matrix, working to find and support efficiencies.
- Owns communication with mills, Hubs, Cross Functional Team and US RM team.
- Perform periodic SWOT analysis of mill performance and alignment to strategic sourcing needs.
- Identify gaps, propose ideas to close gaps and work with mills to elevate
- Partner with mills on creative solutions to drive the shortest lead time while balancing cost and quality
- Negotiate to eliminate fabric liabilities wherever possible
- Oversee fabric testing and ensure mills understand expectations. Communicate as needed to QA to ensure final garment quality
- Resolve any fabric related issues on the escalation review
- Oversee raw material risks through Risk Assessment Chart and support fabric teams' management of fabric failure disposition
Strategy and Process:
- Drive RM strategies
- Pro actively initiate support of strategic initiatives identifying where the overseas team can add the greatest value
- Collaborate with across brands to find out the cost leveraging opportunities
- Review and manage the process by analyzing metric to determine effectiveness of current process. Surface ideas for improvement and identify any threats.
- If applicable: Provide Inspirational leadership to direct reports work with direct reports to establish their goals
- Mentor and coach direct reports on performance expectations
- Influence peers and seek support from Director if difficulty in influencing upward
- 7-10 or more years industry experience.
- Thorough knowledge of knits, woven, yarn, dyeing and finishing as well as extensive fabric printing experience (Digital, Wet, Sublimation) on synthetic performance materials.
- Must process strong English communication skills and the ability to manage through influence.
- Needs to have understanding of total supply chain from concept to Consumer.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and a positive optimistic "can do" attitude.
- Relevant Textile Degree or applicable industry experience, experience in performance apparel and/or Swim a priority.
- Knowledge of raw material constructions, finishing, and dyeing and printing process - synthetic / performance fabrics/finishes a priority.
- Excellent communication – verbal and written
- Knowledge of a product lifecycle – including product development and corresponding time lines
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excel in problem solving / solution driver
- Strong analytical skills
- Self starter / able to work independently as well as be collaborative
- Ability to drive and adapt to ever changing environment
- Lead and develop talent globally as needed
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top