Raw Materials Manager, Dress Shirts (Woven's & Knits)
Design Your Future at PVH
Raw Materials Manager, Dress Shirts (Woven’s & Knits)
The Raw Materials Manager, Woven’s + Knits will oversee the development and sourcing of seasonal fabric for specific brands to ensure the best quality, cost and speed, ensuring that the designer’s aesthetic vision is achieved. Collaborate with cross functional partners; Design, Global Supply Chain, Planning and Sales, off shore raw materials teams and mills.
- Fabric Development and Sourcing
- Collaborate with design to understand seasonal brand direction and needs. Focus on pre-season developments that deliver against the brand’s aesthetics using the best supplier within our mill matrix
- Recommend best technical execution of seasonal fabrics with a handoff of robust Fabric Development Sheet (FDS) to design for creation of Pattern Development Sheet / Knit Development Sheet (PDS/KDS) by design
- Regularly shops competitor and aspirational brands to stay ahead of industry trends
- Innovate raw materials, lead times and supply chain process
- Strategize with garment team to optimize any opportunity of virtual vertical integration, to achieve shorter lead time, sustainability, and potential cost savings
- Ensure Offshore Raw Materials team is clear on seasonal brand direction and execution of seasonal fabrics
- Manage core fabric library on a seasonal basis
- Review leverage opportunities with divisional fabric leaders
- Work with Technical Design to ensure any potential fabric risks are communicated through Risk Assessment Chart
- Manage fabric failure disposition with division as required
- Utilize reporting metrics to drive efficiency’s and continuous improvement throughout the department and the manufacturing base
- Ensure RM calendar deadlines met, provide timely updates on how development is progressing
- Ability to synthesize issues and draw valid actionable conclusions from established facts
- Proven ability to establish and build relationships across the organization and with supply chain partners
- Ability to develop creative and actionable solutions to develop desired fabrics in the right aesthetics, at the right price points, in the right locations.
- Must be able to operate in an environment of changing priorities and deadlines
- Some travel may be required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4 years in raw material field in apparel industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or industry/mill experience equivalent
- Ability to understand design aesthetics and translate into viable fabrics
- Knowledge of raw material constructions, finishing and dyeing process
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top