Production Assistant - The Underwear Group
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Production Assistant - The Underwear Group
The Production Assistant is responsible for managing the end-to-end production process for a specific product collection from the order allocation to product delivery. This position reports to the Production Manager and collaborates with cross-functional teams including regional overseas offices, tech design, merchandise marking, Fashion/Replenishment planning, customer service, distribution center, logistics.
Complete understanding of established processes and procedures, systems and reporting tools designed to identify demand and execute garment purchases are imperative to the execution of the tasks around garment production in a timely manner.
Position uses JDA, mainframe systems, and Excel reports to create, track and monitor the production of product from initial assortment of goods to the delivery of the finished goods to the warehouse. Perform finished goods tracking and reporting. Maintain production and inventory requirements for the business.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Issue and communicate assortment advice to overseas offices and factories prior to issue of purchase order to confirm quantity, delivery and cost.
- Monitor open order reporting to ensure accuracy and communicate required changes.
- Track production deliverables and status to proactively identify issues, propose solutions, align with cross functional teams on a resolution that will minimize risk.
- Follow up change/cancel requests to determine if actionable based on production status. Work with regional teams to assess feasibility, estimate liabilities and determine delivery impact. Review options with brand and align on approach.
- Manage in-season speed requests from AA to delivery. Present options and risks to Demand planning partners to inform go/no go decisions.
- Attend the following meetings as per Managers request: weekly chase/change/cancel meetings, production team meetings and other cross functional team meetings.
- Create finished goods Purchase Orders for overseas production.
- Identify appropriate size scale for purchased styles and communicate to the region/vendors in timely manner.
- Prepare and analyze weekly delivery reports to identify any delivery issues as it relates to factory delays and/or potential customer delivery delays.
- Maintain communications with all parties directly affected by purchasing and receiving of goods- Fashion/Replenishment demand partners, traffic, marketing service and warehouses, regarding inventories vs. production plan vs. actual deliveries.
- Assist Production Manager/Sr Production Assistant wherever needed
- Responsible to issue garment purchases in accordance with customer demand and monitor production through to receipt of shipments. Work with manager to confirm allocation of assortment.
- Elevate and production issues to manager, work for resolution and execute the determined course of action. Inform supervisor of any discrepancies and resolve delays in the schedule promptly
- Maintain communications with all parties directly affected by purchasing and receiving of goods - design, sales, traffic, marketing service, cost accounting and warehouses regarding inventories vs. production plan vs. actual deliveries.
- Effective and clear daily communication via e-mail with the overseas offices
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: Must have Microsoft Excel experience.
2+ years of Apparel Production Experience
Education: Bachelor degree preferably in Supply Chain Management or Fashion
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Previous experience with integrated ERP systems including order management and product development modules
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with both speed and accuracy
- Able to prioritize and multi-task work to meet critical deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with cross functional partners at various levels in various locations globally
- Able to proactively identify issues, provide creative solution options and work collaboratively to resolve issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Good follow-up skills
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top