Part Time Floor Supervisor- Van Heusen
- Stevensville, MD
Position Guidelines- Floor Supervisor
Floor Supervisor is an entry-level management position. A Floor Supervisor shares in the responsibility for the overall performance the store and assists Store Management with generating sales potential, recruiting and developing staff, maintaining store appearance, controlling expenses and shortages.
- Maximize sales volume.
- Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with division philosophy and direction.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist in recruiting, training and developing Sales Associates.
- Develop proficiency in all operational policies and procedures.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES
- Ensure customer service is the #1 priority.
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer / associate awareness at all times.
- Understand and create awareness of the factors to impact sales volume.
- Motivate and develop associates to meet goals / objectives.
- Clearly delegate activities and follow-up on all direction.
- Demonstrate teamwork with-in store and company.
- Take initiative and use sound judgement.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate professional image and conduct.
- Follow specific divisional dress code policy.
- Ensure that store staff is treated professionally, courteously and respectfully.
- Involve store staff in accomplishing store goals.
- Take an active role in own development.
- Communicate staff concerns to management.
- Support all company / management decisions.
- Execute and follow-up on all operational policies, procedures and directives.
- Execute and follow-up Inventory Shrinkage Improvement Program.
- Ensure accuracy in all paperwork.
- Maintain store appearance to reflect division standard.
- Replenish merchandise on a timely basis.
- Have knowledge of the store merchandise.
- Have knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization.
- Keep management informed of all merchandise-related issues.
- Executes markdowns and re-merchandise as needed.
- POS set-up is timely and effective.
- Executes and maintains divisional marketing directives.
- Interpret and execute floor plans and guidelines
- Retail background preferred
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. ANY EMPLOYER THAT VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
Back to top