Operations Manager, 205W39NYC Store - CALVIN KLEIN
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Operations Manager, 205W39NYC Store - CALVIN KLEIN
The Operations Manager's overall goal is to provide exemplary customer service, training of new initiatives/Standard Operating Procedures and support in driving sales by ensuring operational efficiency to meet budget requirements. The Operations Manager is responsible for organizing, planning and managing the daily operations of the store. This includes oversight of the back of house functional areas such as shipping and receiving, facilities and housekeeping as well as the cash wrap. The Operations Manager must be a strong project manager and communicator.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Ensure communication to store management team and staff to review and discuss any policy updates that occur.
- Conduct weekly management meetings with support staff management.
- Provide training and feedback when policies are not followed.
- Ensure supervision of support associates, providing daily schedule, and task requirements.
- Support in maximizing efficiency of staff through understanding and use of a master calendar, incoming shipping reports, and monitoring of processes, ensuring the most efficient use of schedule, and team.
- Work Department Managers to maximize efficient floor coverage, through scheduling, based on traffic flow, as well as store hours, zoning, and associate availability.
- Schedule monthly operations calendar.
- Maintain maintenance schedule of outside contractors.
- Oversee POS functions so that policy and procedures are followed.
- Sales Audit: Daily review of all sales media. Ensure all POS policies and procedures are adhered to, discounts are correctly applied etc.
- Provide necessary coaching and counseling when policy is not met.
- Ensure completion of all necessary operational tasks, including re-tickets, and consolidations.
- Oversee maintenance of all back of house areas, including stockrooms.
- Prepare and monitors supply orders for office and packaging needs.
- Ensure timely processing of all invoices.
- Act as a key partner in the organization of all in-store events and meetings.
- Process payroll for all support staff.
- Shipping & Receiving:
- Monitor all in-coming and out-going merchandise and transfers.
- Review all expenses and reports for supplies.
- Oversee and authorize all aspects of messenger service, UPS, FedEx and all shipping transfers.
- Work with stock managers in training new hires.
- Weekly Review all reports pertaining to inventory levels.
- Work closely in preparation for Inventory.
- Cash wrap
- Supports Customer Service Supervisor in training new hires.
- Works with Customer Service Supervisor to ensure that all transactions are in order.
- Monitors Charge Backs and phone orders, etc.
- Maintenance of all store systems including POS, BOH computers, phone system, fax machines, CCTV systems etc.
- Ensure all systems are functioning correctly to ensure exemplary customer service.
- Partner with Helpdesk for technical support and resolution.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance issues are resolved following protocol and approval of all issues are obtained.
- Liaison with cleaning company and outside vendors performing work/maintenance in the store.
- Ensure proper maintenance and cleaning standards are maintained.
- Walk the store to guarantee proper presentation standards.
- Delegate cleaning responsibilities when needed.
- Walk the floor weekly with cleaning company.
- Loss Prevention
- Work with management and store staff throughout the year to focus on inventory accuracy and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Preparation for store inventory: Work with management and store staff to ensure all re-ticketing is completed, store maps are completed. Partner with the inventory company for walk through and successful completion of store inventory.
- Partner with Security Manager and ensure that censoring procedures and floor counts take place.
- Partner with Security Manager to create a Shrink Action Plan based on overall inventory results.
- Talent Management
- Manage, lead and inspire back of house support staff.
- Writing annual reviews on support staff and support management.
- Document disciplinary action and performance progress reports for all support staff and support management.
- Authorize all uniforms allocation.
- Make sure all new hires have uniforms and the new season uniform arrives in a timely manner.
- Monitor that all terminated employees return the uniforms prior leaving the Company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Retail Operations or similar role
- Experience developing and implementing standard operation procedures
- Experience managing outside vendors and contractors (HVAC, Electrical, plumbing, lighting).
Education: Associates Degree (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Ability to professionally interact with management, coworkers and clients.
- Strong organizational skills. Multi-tasking and prioritizing capabilities.
- Flexibility with schedule and working hours
- Flexible to deadline demands as well as handling various tasks.
- Ability to stand on your feet for the duration of your shift.
- Ability to lift, move and hang merchandise and other items.
- Ability to open and close a door.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Historian & Heritage Brands Archivist, PVH
Suzanne helps preserve—and share—the company’s rich history by navigating offsite archives, conducting group tours, and writing about the brand’s evolution. She also contributed to building PVH's digital archives platform.
Back to top