Network Engineer I
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Network Engineer I
The Network Engineer I is responsible for all aspects of Network Communications at the company. This includes routed networks, routers, switches, local area networks, wide area networks, communications with remote company locations, problem solving, vendor interfacing, technical training, and network security. The Network Engineer I must be familiar with LAN, WAN topology and software including networking equipment, servers, gateways, PBXs, intelligent hubs, wiring systems and vendor offerings in all areas.
The Network Engineer I is responsible for a complex, state-of-the-art network that will be rapidly changing to support company growth and development of new business opportunities. The Network must be reliable, flexible and cost effective.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- The Network Engineer I must assist the Director of Network Services in designing and managing the company network including wide area and local area networks. Provides input to management for network design, procurement of network equipment and supplies.
- Provide CUCM support and CCX support with hands on administration
- Understand QoS and how to troubleshoot related issues
- Performs equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the company.
- Order and provision new circuits and phone lines as needed and follow through to installation
- Tune the company network for optimal performance.
- Act as a primary interface with equipment vendors for resolving problems and preforming root cause analysis.
- Provide planning and technical support for company installations.
- Fulfill departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education.
- Must be willing and available to work off-hours and Holidays during which company business is conducted.
- Responsible for data communication and communication vendor evaluation, contributing to the designing of company network and integrating it with other company activities.
- Responsible for developing and documenting network-related policies and procedures including network security.
- Internally, the Network Engineer I will work with all departments to make sure that their voice/data communication requirements are satisfied.
- The Network Engineer I participates in telecommunication-related task force whenever necessary.
- Externally, the Network Engineer I will work with Architects, building landlords, contractors, various telephone companies, external data processing organizations, and equipment vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 3-5 years experience with wide and local area networks including experience with common carrier data networks. 2-3 years experience as a Network Analyst.
Education: High school degree required. A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
Skills: Ability to communicate effectively and to deal with equipment vendors. Expert knowledge of X-25, SNA, TCP/IP, IPX networks, connections, wiring and cabling, and network management.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top