Merchandise Director CKJ Est. 1978
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Calvin Klein Jeans Est. 1978 is a new line that will be launched under Calvin Klein with a urban brand positioning and influences from skate and subculture. Subversive, unexpected concepts and collaborations will be driving the collection with a clean, sharp, modern street feel.
The Merchandise Director will be setting-up a well-established team and will be responsible for all associated collection content, sales targets, business plans and projected growth for CKJ Est. 1978. The Senior Director will lead and direct, whilst supporting and developing the team in line with the strategic plans for the CKJ Est. 1978 brand in close collaboration with our New York office as well as all concept, development, sourcing and sales partners.
The Merchandise Director will drive all aspects of the CKJ Est. 1978 GTM process with focus on the denim and non denim business of our global brand.
- Report into the divisional VP and being able to manage a team
- Set the seasonal global assortment plan and seasonal strategy
- Set and implement the go to market strategy per season
- Support team in driving, and creating range plans that offer best assortments at the right price positioning for the global market, in line with the brand vision
- Works closely with design and development team
- Translate market demand and trend information to the divisional team
- Work closely with the regional merchandising and sales team
- Follow key country and CK market trends, analyze consumer behavior needs
- Think and act as a brand ambassador
- Minimal 6-8 years' experience in product management or a merchandise role within an global operating apparel brand or wholesaler
- Experience within an international apparel environment
- Fluent English both written and verbal; other languages are a plus
- Excellent analytic and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Market trends, and fashion awareness as well as strong commercial understanding
- Able to frequent travel
- Excellent communication, sales and negotiation skills, strong influencing
- Previous experience of managing a team, coaching and developing
- Team player
- Able to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
PVH behavioral competences:
Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top