Manager - Tailoring Celebrity Services - Calvin Klein
If you are a current PVH Associate, please apply to this requisition through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Manager – Tailoring Celebrity Services – Calvin Klein
Manager – Tailoring Celebrity Services performs all fittings and alterations on women’s and men’s garments for presentations and editorial shoots on VIP’s and celebrities dressing within the Celebrity Services department of Public Relations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Performs all custom fittings for personal appearances, premieres, awards and special events with celebrities and industry VIP’s at the direction of Creative Directors and SVP of Public Relations
- Performs alteration services at photo/editorial shoots as scheduled
- All tailoring, refitting and restructuring of garments related to the above for men’s and women’s garments
- Responsible for maintaining the organization of sewing components and trims used for samples
- Responsible for the scheduling and delivery of all garments meeting calendar objectives
- Responsible for updating SVP of PR of the status of all work in progress and completions
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Assist men’s and women’s Creative Directors in making special one-off garments for celebrities, VIP’s
- Maintain the quality of all garments in sample closet ensuring all samples are ready to go out at any given time.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new principles to day to day activities
- Provide support for special events
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7 + years of work experience in tailoring, alterations and working closely with VIP’s and celebrities
- Experience of pattern cutting and restructuring garments
- Degree in fashion design preferred
- Must be proficient and have the ability to work with luxury and innovative fabrics and leathers including, hand-beading, and embroidery
- Excellent knowledge and control of hand and machine sewing
- Strong computer skills, including Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Patternmaking knowledge preferred
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work autonomously, self- motivated with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to interact with senior management
- Ability and flexibility to travel when requested at a moment’s notice
- Italian speaking a plus
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top