Manager, Store Planning, Tommy Hilfiger Asia Pacific
All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
The Store Development Manager Asia-pacific is responsible for ensuring the Regional Tommy Hilfiger Stores are executed to global standards.
They will support and guide the regional partners in driving the optimal qualitative implementation of Tommy Hilfiger Stores across the region. They will be responsible for the optimization of the store-layouts targeting sales growth, profitability and inventory needs. Their goal is to create store plans that are globally aligned and have maximized profitability.
- The role takes care of the managing, expanding and developing further the regional network of suppliers and 3rd parties such as local architects, general contractors etc. This also includes general tendering for 3rd party services as well as reviewing quality and services.
- The role supports either directly or through team members, the country retail organizations related to store development for not only store projects, but also further supporting in feasibility, cost estimations for store approval etc.
- Building up a close relationship of transparency and trust with the teams, region and countries is crucial.
- Together with the team, the role ensures all assigned projects are realized according to agreed planning, within given budget, and in the required design/quality levels. Clear and timely communication of all relevant project information, risks, challenges and showing up potential solutions is an essential element of the role.
- The role supports store, SIS, outlet development by leading key strategic projects and other assigned branding initiatives (eg: pop ups, market launch set up , exhibitions etc) for the overall organization and team by also taking over cross-functional responsibility and leadership.
- Further support and contribute to the development of processes and tools required for realizing a chain of owned and operated and franchise retail stores.
- In addition to the above-mentioned core responsibilities, the role will focus (depending on the yearly roll out plans) on the specific region and countries, but at the same time will need to help both personally &/or through team members - in other regions as well.
- Be a champion for innovation, strategy and Omnichannel business opportunities working with key stakeholders successfully delivering new digital retail initiatives.
General tasks include, but are not exclusively:
- Ensures company identity through implementing store layout designs that will enhance the experience for the consumer based upon location classification level and split. Drive and increase the overall sales profitability through the creation of optimized store lay-outs.
- Creates and maintains all project related information (i.e drawings, pictures, etc.)
- Ensures all location approval packages are obtained timely for facilitating approval by senior management and allowing required time-lines for internal review and layout development.
- Create and determine the most efficient space layout based upon sales, profitability, capacity and customer needs. Obtain final approval from either global concept team and/or Store Development Director Asia-Pacific
- Work with external and internal store development management teams and Tommy Hilfiger stakeholders to determine the flow of each store, divisional mix, fixture usage and space design
- Ensures in cooperation with regional partners local teams the on time opening of stores to Tommy Hilfiger to global quality standards.
- Ensures stores are executed within communicated budgets to achieve partners P&L.
- Ensure the location development is executed within the set opening process considering:
- Project set-up, design brief, location information and merchandise planning schedule.
- Deliverables in terms of store lay-out and final detailed design package.
- Management of ordering and shipment of opening package and driving internal approval of locally produced items.
- On-site support where required.
- Manage efficiently and expediently the design approval process with all internal and external parties.
- Communicate final approved design and obtain local approval. Guide the final design development in close collaboration with the regional architectural teams ensuring the final approved TH Lay-out are executed.
- When required independently alter designs to suit local requirements.
- Manage the communication to central purchasing team for ordering within project lead-times.
- Drive correct execution of all logistics in cooperation with the Asia Project and concept team and the Local logistics partners.
- Schedule regular visits to countries during and at the end of a project to ensure all snagging are identified. Ensure the swift finalization of the snagging in close cooperation with the partner. Create a reporting tool to track and resolve.
- Drive the professional store photography in close collaboration with the partners, creating a visual store portfolio. Enabling the TH Internal opening announcements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience: Minimum 6-8 years of relevant retail or retail related industry, design & concept development management experience.
- Education: Must have a degree BA level graduate in Architecture, Interior Architectural Design &/or Construction Project Management related qualification
- Must possess high degree of fashion aesthetic, interest in trends, lifestyles, competitors and media. Support introduction of new ideas.
- Can work within the creative process effectively, and support bring ideas to realization.
- Good knowledge of functional understanding of store design development and retail environment knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Experience in construction / design and retail processes, system and strategies
- Pro advocate for innovation, strategy and implementing new initiatives to Omnichannel and other digital retail initiative
- Builds good working relationships; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables.
- Able to communicate effectively across the team and organization; effectively works at long distances.
- Team player , excellent in building strong and professional relationships with other divisions / regional / local suppliers / vendors/ contractor etc
- Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work with high accountability; manages own work and tracks progress.
- Seeks out resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills - especially schedule and planning /critical path identification / budget control / financial analysis
- Ability of dealing with ambiguous situations
- Ability to apply strategic filters in regards of information and communication
- Can-do mentality
- Strong analytical skills and solution driven
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with global design
- Open minded and international mindset
- Ability to lead and influence a cross- cultural environment and take lead on being solution driven
Communication / Language:
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of the English language - written and spoken
- Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin
- Ability to influence and drive objectives when conflict of interest are at hand to deliver a win-win solution
COmputer / systems skills
- Experience in architectural and design programs such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3D and similar
- Strong MS Office skill set and other relevant programs and systems such as MS Project, SAP etc
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Donna A.Customs Compliance Manager
Donna breaks down complicated U.S. and Canadian customs rules, regulations, and trade agreements in order to help executives make the best import and export decisions.
Back to top