Build, develop and manage best-in-class product strategies, business processes and merchandising organization that lead to the successful and sustainable development of the TH business in the Asia Pacific region.
Portfolio might include: Tommy Jeans & Kids; Outlet
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Develop Asia Pacific merchandise plan by understanding future trends, analyzing current business and collecting feedback from directly operated and distribution countries.
- In partnership with Global Design & Product Teams, identify potential gaps in the line plan, make recommendations for improving the assortment for the market.
- Review seasonal assortments (collections) relative to the merchandise and inventory plan by country and ensure they can meet company targets.
- Responsible for preparing digital showroom and conduct market presentations with line and product direction, style assortments and pricing.
- Review sell-in and sell-through on a regional and country level. Monitor and analyze sales performance & inventory levels by market.
- Provide core and seasonal product knowledge support to Retail Operations to drive sales and service, and generate excitement within our retail channels
- Communicate closely with all channels, Retail, Wholesale, E-commerce, Outlet and other stakeholders to continually understand buying trends, developments amongst competitors, consumer insights, etc.
- Set up and drive continuous improvement of Merchandising systems and processes (PLM, sales and sell-through analysis; OTB management; sales modeling and forecasting; hindsight studies; style and size analysis; competitive/market intelligence; pricing research) to optimize the business.
- Work with VP Merchandising and Senior Merchandise Manager to develop new business opportunities and formulate business expansion plan
CREATIVITY: Must possess high degree of fashion aesthetic; interest in trends, lifestyles, competitors and media. Support introduction of new ideas. Can work within the creative process effectively, and support bring ideas to realization.
TEAMWORK: Builds good working relationships; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables. Able to lead and communicate effectively across the team and organization; effectively works at long distances.
ORGANIZING: Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work with high accountability; manages own work and tracks progress. Seeks out resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
ENVIRONMENT: Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with Global Design and Buyers in local markets.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 8 years all-rounded merchandising experience, with at least 5 years in managerial role in retail industry
- Working experience in fashion (preferably in a similar position)
- Strategic thinking, supportive of Tommy Hilfiger's long-term business goals
- Solid understanding of retail buying and the product creation process
- Strong commercial sense and knowledge of consumer/fashion trends
- Intense interest in fashion branding / retailing
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Collaborative with ability to work across functions and in concert with region and global counterparts
- Excellent people and process management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English