Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
Position Summary: This is a semi-skilled position in several trades and may be skilled in one or more trades. A Maintenance Technician B associate performs various skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery, building, and equipment. The technician may be required to read blue prints, sketches, and diagrams to complete given tasks. Advancement to this position requires skills evaluated and documented by qualified personnel and acceptance by Review Board. Minimum mechanical aptitude test score: 50 of 68.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
- Exhibit troubleshooting skills in all aspects of distribution center maintenance including electrical, PLC, mechanical, breakdown, and analytical areas of the business. Apply training acquired both externally and internally to projects, assignments, and incidents to gain competence within the department.
- Apply Safe Work practices learned from previous assignments and as a demonstration of understanding the organizational requirements for Safety. Recognize and communicate safety-related issues during troubleshooting assignments.
- Demonstrate customer-focus by maintaining a neat and clean work area during both localized and shop-area projects.
- T roubleshoot equipment-related problems and process performance related issues in order to determine the root cause(s) of a particular request or incident. Use systematic troubleshooting methods to determine the key root cause. Apply good judgment to choosing solutions.
- Install electrical conduit, wiring, switching devices, controls, fixtures, motors, outlets, enclosures, and other such equipment in order to increase capacity, repair breakdowns, or improve efficiency.
- Analyze and repair mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment (i.e. conveyor/sortation, building/facility, fire/safety) and plans and takes corrective action.
- Assist in testing and calibrating electrical, pneumatic, and HVAC controls.
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance inspection of assigned equipment, report findings and take corrective actions if possible. Record findings in CMMS.
- Notify maintenance department of recurring equipment malfunctions, reliability concerns, and corrective actions recommended or take n.
- Use computerized maintenance management system to seek out similar issues for help with resolution and/or to build justification for replacement equipment.
- Lead the effort to apply the tools of the computerized maintenance management system to reduce failures and to increase the time between failures (or time between services). Enter feedback from field findings.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Internal & External Contacts:
Internal : Maintenance Manager, Supervision, Operations Manager, Fellow Associates
External : Limited contact with contract services
Direct : N/A
Indirect : N/A
Budgetary Responsibilities: N/A
1. Determine best methods, procedures for maintenance repairs.
2. Makes troubleshooting/repair recommendations to maintenance manager
Resourcefulness/Creativity: Associate should be effective in solving non-recurring problems.
1. Must stay abreast of changing technology through vendor discussions, mentor relationships, and participation in new technology installations and maintenance.
2. Must be able to crawl, bend, lift heavy motors, withstand heat, climb, work at up to 40 ft. heights.
3. Must be able to distinguish different wire colors
4. Must be able to stand most or all of shift
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience: Prefer 2 -3 years mechanical maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, conveyors, and sortation experience in a distribution environment.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent such as a GED certificate.
Skills: Must possess troubleshooting skills, good communication, mechanical aptitude, ability to operate various equipment, ability to use hand tools. Good analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Historian & Heritage Brands Archivist, PVH
Suzanne helps preserve—and share—the company’s rich history by navigating offsite archives, conducting group tours, and writing about the brand’s evolution. She also contributed to building PVH's digital archives platform.
Back to top