Legal Counsel, Asia Pacific
All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
Support business leaders and functional heads with contract review and legal advice on general matters, as well as support ad hoc projects or issues from legal and statutory perspectives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Draft and review commercial contracts for the countries in Asia Region and maintain standardized contract review and administration.
- Provide professional advice and practical solutions to issues arising during normal business operations in retail industry including leases, marketing and general commercial matters.
- Provide training or direction internally on matters related to sound business practices and corporate governance.
- Liaise with external lawyers on a wide range of issues.
- Keep abreast of latest development of rules and regulations which are related to or affecting operations.
- Provides support to Associate General Counsel on different assignments as allocated from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: Qualified lawyer with minimum 8 years of post-qualification experience in law firms and in-house.
Education: J.D., LL.B or its equivalent required.
- High level of accuracy in work, attentive to details
- Solid experience in contracts drafting and negotiation
- Self-motived and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Good organizational and time management abilities with proficiency to multi-task and prioritize workload; solid decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with service and collaborative orientation
- Excellent written and oral English and Chinese, Putonghua a must, Japanese language preferred
Back to top