Junior Designer Menswear Tailoring
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
As a junior Tailored designer, working in the CK Menswear Division you will be responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for tailoring products, including suits, blazers, dress pants and coats. You will work closely with other menswear's designers, the product development team, merchandise team, and the Design team for the planning and development of the collection each season. Among other duties you will be responsible for:
- Designing sketches of Silhouettes, Design details, technical details and internal Constructions for the above
- Preparation of moodboards and overviews of Creative Concepts, preparing for presentation meetings like sales meetings
- Researching trends and performing market research through inspirational trips, WGSN and other platforms.
- Working to the divisional calendar to meet all deadlines
- Involved in Fabric research, fabric selection process and color concepts, managing the fabric archive and seasonal fabrics
- Working on prints and graphics in fabrics and trims as well as follow up on exclusive fabric developments
- Administrative help on technical pack creation in terms of sketch up dates and PLM system
- Entering BOM trims in co-operations with the tailoring designer and product developer
- Working closely and communicate daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of design. You will also partner with the product developers to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style
- Managing proto archive
- Assisting in fittings
- College degree in Fashion Design or related
- Minimum 2 years working experience
- Team player with a hands-on mentality
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines
- Open-minded with a commercial and global design mindset
- Good knowledge of design programs such as Photoshop & Illustrator
- Fluent in English both verbally and written
- Passion for details and preciseness
- Structured and focused mentality, but still having fun!
- Solid knowledge of garment specification, fitting and pattern making
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top