Job Visual Merchandising Specialist
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
- The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The MEA+NL organization is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are responsible for developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in the emerging markets (Middle East, Africa, South East Europe) and in The Netherlands. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets.
The team working for this region must be able to manage and build relationships with our partners across various cultures and backgrounds, and enjoy a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
The Visual Merchandising Specialist will be responsible to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in the Netherlands, focusing on the Amsterdam stores. Reporting into the Head of VM MEA+NL, he/she will be focus on supporting the stores on the openings, seasonal changes, trainings, special guidelines designed on the market needs, etc. He/She will work closely with all the MEA+NL departments in order to ensure that the standards are maintained in the area of competence.
- Work with Head of VM MEA+NL, communicating with the VM team MEA+NL and MEA+NL office to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in-stores.
- Liaison with MEA+NL office on all matters concerning in-store VM and windows to ensure that brand standards are maintained, and captured through accurate picture reporting.
- Build strong relationship with local VM in-store, carrying out regular walks through to critique VM standards and identify opportunities for further training, understand the local needs.
- Responsible for trainings in store and seasonal trainings
- Prepare for and install window displays following window guidelines and utilizing support from the VM in-store and store teams. Ensure that windows are implemented to the highest standard and use own initiative to overcome any issues that arise.
- Competitor/market analysis, special project on the needs.
- Assist with seasonal showroom set-up when required.
- Administrative tasks - Including ordering window material, in-store POS, and VM guidelines.
- Be constantly updated on the KPI and sell through performances of the area of competence,
- Responsible for training in-store and support on the seasonal trainings, product and retail trainings in liaison with the departments of competence.
- Line-opening presentations, VM meetings and workshops are mandatory to attend.
The Visual merchandise Coordinator reports into the Head of VM MEA+NL
- Head of Visual Merchandising MEA+NL
- VM MEA+NL team
- Project Manager HQ
- Sales Director,
- Sales Managers CK NL
- Retail Director
- Retail Management
- Visual Merchandising HQ
- Marketing Manager
- Retail Manager
- Store managers and store teams
Essential skills & attributes:
- Able to travel within the Netherlands
- Team player
- Experience of working with store floor-plans and Project management skills
- Strong communication skills, in order to communicate efficiently and effectively with representatives from various partners
- Understanding of the KPI's and sales numbers is mandatory
- Fluent in English language (written & spoken) and Dutch language base
- Microsoft office literate, including excel
- Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign basic skills required
- Enthusiastic attitude and be a 'hands-on' self-starter
- Pro Active thinking / planning
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task
- Analytical thinking and intelligent negotiation skills
- Good, confident presentation skills
- Stress resistant
- Critical thinking
- No 9:00 to 18:00 work mentality, has to be flexible in working hours and travel time
- Degree level or equivalent, ideally in design, marketing or fashion
- Solid experience in field visual merchandising at least 4 years, including window displays, signs, interior displays and space utilization, ideally in the fashion industry
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top