Job Tommy Hilfiger Senior Retail Store Concept Designer
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
- The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Tommy Hilfiger Global concept design and development team is responsible for the design of the Tommy Hilfiger retail environment on a global scale.
We design store and shop-in-shop concepts for all divisions (i.e. Sportswear, denim, kids,) and we deliver one-off designs for our brand flagship stores from architecture to fixtures to creative elements, in collaboration with visual merchandising and windows.
Our overall goal is to ensure a clear brand identity and the best consumer experience for our TH consumers around the globe.
- Driving and directing Tommy Hilfiger new store concepts, retails spaces and/or fixtures from front to end. From design brief and inspiration via design drawings to first test stores and concept & design guidelines.
- Align concept development with functional and commercial needs working closely with business stake holders as well as retail marketing, visual merchandising and buying & planning and store development
- Advice and support Store development project managers on store design questions
- Advise and support junior team members in regards of specific design questions
- Support on request to update current/existing store concepts
Reporting into the Vice President Global Store Design and Development and works very closely with all members of the Concept and Development team and the Global EVP Creative Services as well as with other departments cross-functionally.
- Bachelor degree architecture/interior design or equivalent; A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in devising concepts & managing design projects in the field of interiors & retail and visual presentation.
- Detailed knowledge in Retail concept and fixture design requirements and the commercial and functional needs (Visual Merchandising needs/fixture capacity, stability, sustainability, materials, m2 costs, etc.)
- creative, an eye for detail, passionate, committed and willing to go the extra mile and find the right design solutions
- Good routine in CAD drafting and using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or other creative suits (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch Up, Cinema 4D, Autocad etc.); Ability to visualize 3D,
- Strong skills in hand-sketching conceptual design ideas, fixture ideas, lay-outs and technical drawing;
- Experience in creating and presenting presentations;
- Experience in managing design teams, consultants and building relationships with cross functional teams inside and outside of the company
- Fluency to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English;
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Strong & effective communication skills
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines used to deliver on tight deadlines
- organized and self-motivated
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team but absolutely a team player
- Inquisitive, tenacious, flexible in mindset
- Ideally 5 days per week, potentially possible to reduce partly to 4 days a week
- Travel required up to 20-30%
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top