Job Retail Buyer
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
- The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The MEA+NL organization is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are responsible for developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in the emerging markets and in The Netherlands. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets.
The team working for this region must be able to manage and build relationships with our partners across various cultures and backgrounds, and enjoy a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Position Description and responsibilities:
The role of Retail Buyer sits in the Retail department and is responsible for planning and executing selected Merchandise / buying activities, including analyzing sales, align with seasonal best buy selection, inventory
Monitoring, delivery management and training to achieve sales and profit targets based on the seasonal/yearly business plan.
- Pre buy performance analysis by style, color, fabrics, price, divisional split
- Create buying selection per division aligned with European consumer assortment
- In season management, review bestsellers and create replenishment proposals
- Provide constructive feedback per division
- Connect with European Retail peers during international meetings such as Best Buy and Line Opening
- In store product trainings and collection trainings
- Select and review staffoutfits in combination with VM team
- Prepare store visits and create reports afterwards
- Range plan review together with planning
- Competitors – seasonal reviews
- Retail Net Sales review
- Best seller / slow seller calls with stores and investigate seasonal needs
- Ad hoc activities connected to product and merchandise
- Attend weekly Retail meeting and store visit
- Support and share best buy selection and general strategies with wholesale and dept store
- Work in close cooperation with Marketing to ensure all the major initiatives are maximized and provide input for marketing activities such as Pop-up spaces, magazines, social pushes.
- Support creation of new plans and reports that lead to effectively improving the sales and profit performance of the business
- Work in close cooperation with Operations, Area Managers and VM teams to always ensure benchmark representation of our brands
- Degree in Fashion Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- 2-5 years of relevant experience within a fashion retail environment
- Strong fashion and market sense with similar fashion buying experience
- Experienced in range planning, forecasting and distribution and reporting
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluent in English. Dutch and any other language is a plus
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Pro-active and independent problem solver
- Can-do mentality
- Team player and considerate of colleagues
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top