Job Pattern Designer
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
- Create first patterns as well as production patterns from sketch/block library by liaising closely with designers and product developers to achieve their vision.
- Is responsible for SUITS and TAILORED PANTS product groups.
- Creating product specs and design packs for each pattern produced for the factory to follow.
- Arrange fit sessions for own product group.
- Attend fit sessions and relay fit comments to the factories and ensure these are accurately executed.
- Correct and amend patterns according to fit comments and ensure these get handed to factories within set deadlines.
- Updating and managing graded specs.
- Keep amended specs and sample patterns up to date.
- Follow and update the critical path.
- Create, organize and manage block pattern library for own product group.
- Support the factories where there are make or construction queries on specific garments.
- Flag any variance in measurements and quality issues throughout a style's cycle.
- Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for own product groups.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee production and 1 proto development.
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience as a Menswear pattern cutter within the industry on tailored products.
- Should be capable of working under pressure and on their own initiative, but are also active team members and team players.
- Comfortable working closely with designers on new ideas and interpretations as well as with the production team and factories.
- Will be responsible for seeing a style through from 1st pattern and fit all the way to sealing stage.
- A good understanding and knowledge of patterns as well as the production process and methods of manufacturing is needed.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Good communication skills.
- Should have good organizational skills and be able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Should have the ability to quickly take on and effectively utilize in house computer systems.
- PLM or CAD experience is beneficial (Assyst or Gerber).
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top