Job Merchandising Analyst
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Within the Kids division, the Merchandising department fulfills a central role. It is the link between the Wholesale and Retail teams (via Sales Manager and Retail Department) and Design and Product Development on the other side.
The department makes range plans for the various collections, sets sales targets and margin targets and is closely involved – together with Design and Product Development – in building collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with market developments and commercially successful both at wholesale (sell in) and at retail (sell out).
The Merchandise & Planning Analyst reports directly to the Merchandising Director, and will be part of a merchandising team of 3 people.
- Support the merchandisers with preparation of seasonal collection performance presentations
- Analyze sell-in reporting and make informed decisions to maximize opportunities and minimize exposures
- Undertake concise and informative post-market analysis and present findings to key stakeholders
- Create after sales overviews per market (Europe and International Markets)
- Analyze season sales in order to define improvements for next season
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as requested
- Have a close line with Outbound and Inbound in order to support the Country sales teams
- Set up sell-through reports for different customer groups (wholesale key accounts, retail and e-commerce)
- Create an overview of our bestsellers
- Understand what's performing better in each of the markets in Europe per gender and product group
- Work closely with retail / e-com team to align data
- Set up key account sales overviews
- Understand sell-through data from key accounts and key channels
- Develop store capacity report in order to understand how many options are needed per account, store, month, season
- Create assortment planning together with the merchandisers and retail / e-com buyers
- Monitor sell through to determine future improvements and gain understanding of what sells when, where and how much, including the split between forward sales, NOS and OTB
- Educated to degree standard in Business Economics, Management or equivalent at an internationally minded Business School
- >2 years of working experience, preferably in the retail industry
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
- Advanced MS-Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint); SAP and PLM are a pre
- Strong communication skills and team player
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ambitious, motivated and able to perform in hectic work environment
- High productivity is demanded, able to work with deadlines
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top