Job Merchandise Manager
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Do you have at least 4 years merchandising experience and have always wanted to work for one of the biggest American apparel brands? Please see more info below and apply to join our Tommy Hilfiger Menswear team in Amsterdam!
Within the Menswear division, the Merchandising department fulfills a central role. It is the link between the Wholesale and Retail teams (via Sales director and Retail dept.) and Design and Product Development on the other side.
The department makes range plans for the various collections, sets sales targets and margin targets and is closely involved – working in a triangle together with Design and Product Development – in building collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with market developments and commercially successful both at wholesale and at retail.
- Create clear strategic merchandise plans which support a premium yet commercial consumer-centric vision, and full, detailed range plans according to Corporate targets, Divisional Vision, Market feedback & needs and sales history - Looking closely at our best-sellers business.
- Hand over Range Plan to Design/Production teams - Supported by all needed info (History, market trends, market feedback…) and help preparing handover trips (fits, patterns, fabric, regional specials…etc.)
- Creates merchandise plans and hands over the Range Plan for Hilfiger Edition to Design and Production. Works in close collaboration with other relevant departments such as Buying and Planning, Sourcing, Sales and Operation to ensure congruous processes are in place at every stage of the seasonal line production
- Create and communicate Sample plans for each season in relation with Dashboard targets
- Work closely with the Sales Director, Sales Teams, Retail and business analyst to gather important qualitative and quantitative shop floor feedback in order to apply a more Consumer Centric approach to our range planning. Analyze and provide competitor overviews before each start of a new season, showing their offer and price build up, online, as well as in stores. Be knowledgeable of the market in order to identify commercial opportunities and make necessary recommendations to merchants and product teams.
- Monitor the development charts. Keeping track of style/option count together with the product merchants, RRP build up, collection build-up of the actuals versus the range plans, LY & targets. Support Merchandising Director in monitoring these – highlighting irregularities in pricing, costing, count, flow, needs, etc.
- Find new opportunities to maximize efficiency of the collection, learn & assist on all elements in the menswear product lifecycle from strategy to product delivery
- Assist Merchandise Director by creating innovative and commercial assortments around the product updates across multiple product types, categories and deliveries.
- Support merchandising team with other tasks when needed (i.e: ad hoc analyses, additions, sales tools, and requests from sales or other departments).
- Assist to and help preparing all collection related key meetings (Global Alignment Meetings, Line opening, proto reviews, product reviews, Post Season Evaluation Meetings etc.)
- Bachelor degree or higher is required
- Awareness of market developments and trends
- Preferably 2-4 years of relevant working experience (Merchandising, Product Development, Sales, etc.) in the Fashion industry.
- Strong networker; the ability to form effective working relationships with all key departments (Design, Production and Operations)
- Fluent in English – additional languages are a plus
- Excellent knowledge of, and skilled in, MS PP and MS Excel (pivot tables, reports with big amounts of data)
- Ability to work in a hectic environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- High productivity is demanded, able to work with deadlines
- Strategic Thinker
- Team player
Does this sound like your next career move? Please click on the 'apply' button to submit you CV and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top