Job Junior Java Developer
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Web & Mobile Development – We are a team of enthusiastic developers eager to learn, try-out and embrace new technologies. We are creators and we are creative. We transform thoughts, words and ideas into fun, rich and good looking applications for browsers and smartphones.
We take our job with great enthusiasm and pride as our software is our business card within PVH Europe and with that, we feel extremely responsible for the work and quality we deliver.
By being part of our team, you will be supporting the PVH Europe with its development initiatives, along with managing maintenance and support of the corporate environment. You will become a ninja on agile development, hands-on troubleshooter and be challenged every day with different problems, solutions and architectures to make us successful.
A general knowledge of web technologies is required, with in-depth knowledge of the technologies listed below:
- Experience with J2EE application servers, preferably IBM WebSphere Commerce
- Experience with JSP, JSTL, Servlets, EJB3, Struts, Web Services
- Relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, DB2)
- Experience in working and creating API's
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with agile software development techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and business-oriented, are a MUST.
In the role of Junior Java Developer you will:
- Be hands-on in troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Work along our corporate guidelines to best support local teams
- Work with agencies that do the development and/or support
- Play an active role in improving communication, maintainability of the solution
- Interact with business users to understand requirements
- Proactively seek improvements to our existing portfolio of applications
- Advise on new developments within the industry
- Proactively monitor usage of the applications/sites and advise on improvements
- Collaborate with other development departments within PVH to align process & technology
- Foster a professional environment for the PVH Europe development department
- Experience with Eclipse or similar IDE.
- Ecommerce platforms such as Demandware and/or WebSphere Commerce
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and relational database management systems.
- Knowledge and able to follow web development best practices and standards
- Able to deliver rich, dynamic, interactive and well performing solutions
Experience with the following is not required, but preferred:
- Shell Scripting (bash, Perl)
- Restful/SOAP/OData web services
- Ticketing systems/development support systems (Jira)
- SVN and Git
- Deployment systems/methodologies
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top