Job Junior Designer Swimwear (TH)
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Design is currently handling underwear collections and swimwear collections across TH and CK for both adults and kids, with future expansion into a new product for both brands.
With this growth, we see opportunities for elevated use of graphics, print, and innovative technical design, but we need to support the design teams to deliver these elevated tools.
Design research and building meaningful colour and graphic stories for underwear, swim and new product opportunity are crucial to the future growth of these product and future product areas.
Design team are building more elevated visual communication tools for adoption and sharing directly with countries and focusing key product ranges for specific market and key account needs.
Reporting into the Senior Designer, Swim, Tommy Hilfiger Global, this role will be responsible for the design of TH Swim. You are passionate about swimwear, underwear, loungewear and sportswear, and have a drive to learn
- Development and maintenance of physical and digital colour cards and pantone books
- Research trends to support the seasonal direction and market trends and ensure consistency through products and ranges
- Log all reference images on server and maintain system so that all imagery is easily accessible and high resolution for presentation
- Artworking design ideas in Adobe CC, in accordance with the brief and range plan
- Prepare and maintain design overviews that align with the range plan
- PLM admin for design: input of colour, print, details, as required
- BOM (bill of materials) creation, in accordance with design to PD handovers
- Create and maintain boards for Concept and Sketch Reviews
- Develop templates eg graphic schematics, tech pack information, etc
- Log reference samples, photograph and document details and materials, as needed, and keep on server
- Work alongside design, PD and Merchandising for fittings
- Team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educational experience in fashion design, contour, swim or sportswear
- Good communication skills: verbal, visual, written
- Technical: good Adobe CC knowledge
- Keen eye for trends, detail and brand identity
- Team player
- Can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good organizational skills
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Ability to manage work and time are key skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from college or university in design or equivalent combination of education and experience in fashion and/or textile design
- Graduate or recent graduate with 1+ years experience or a minimum of internship experience under or post-graduate
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top