Job Internship Wovens Womenswear
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing & Development, Buying and Planning and Merchandising and Sales These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear presents 4 collections per year - 2 main season (Spring and Fall) and 2 smaller seasons (Summer/PreFall and Holiday/PreSpring).
As an Intern Wovens WSW you'll be working in the Women's wear Division seasonal collections in different wovens teams. You will work closely with the Sr designers and the WSW wovens design teams, casual wovens and soft wovens. You'll be lead by the Sr Designer. Next to this you'll be working close with all designers within the WSW wovens team and you'll work on different wovens product groups to learn how a brand like Tommy Hilfiger works. You will be part of an enthusiastic team and will learn to work from A to Z on a collection. Among other you will be working together with the team to do:
- Researching trends that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Women's wear brand strategy
- Look into trends for the different wovens groups
- Learn to working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Help preparing design sheets for divisional presentations
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Learn about different wovens fabrics
- Learn how we work on the brand image by making sure that the Tommy D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Join garment fittings
- Working on BOM's
- Pre-paring overviews of the collection each season for merchandising Director and Team of Womenswear and VP Womenswear.
- Start date for the internship: January/February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in a university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Studying in an BA or MA fashion program – preferably wovens interest
- Love for fashion
- Loves to learn!
- Computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand illustration skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Is able to work in a hectic environment and has a hands on mentality.
- Employment type: full time
We're looking for someone who has a good understanding of the latest in graphics and artworks. It is important that you are able to work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy, changeable environment.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top