Job Internship Technical Development
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The intern will be assisting over all product categories and product types for Tommy Hilfiger Collection & Womenswear. They must ensure a balanced approach within the categories of the technical team with the main objective of elevating the quality of the garments through assisting the technicians in fit and construction – working between the two lines.
Key activities include working closely with design in the interpretation of sketches and set-up of specs from initial design concepts, assist fittings through all stages of style development from prototype to bulk production. Throughout the development process the tech is responsible for ensuring comments and specs are clear, supporting design & development / the vendor / factory / Buying office when necessary, the assistant tech will help to facilitate these responsibilities.
- Working closely with technical developer assisting in all necessary aspects of garment development through fit and construction
- With the technical developer, work closely with designer and product developer to interpret sketches & styling, collection overview and achieve shared deadlines
- Helping in administrative tasks within the PLM (product lifecycle management) program
- Must be able to priorities and balance work load
- Have a keen attitude to learning and flexible to
- Must have an understanding of pattern and garment construction
- Strong team player
- Driving and working on specialist projects within the technical development team
- Start date for the internship: January/February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in school or university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Have or working to achieve a degree in technical development, pattern cutting or related studies
- Have a basic practical knowledge of pattern making
- CAD knowledge e.g. illustrator, gerber, indesign
- Good communication skills in English – written and oral
- Flexible, creative and hands-on approach
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top