Job Internship Store Development
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Store Development Department is effectively an internal design and build function to service the Countries and Divisions across the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands throughout Europe. The Project Managers are responsible for the layout design and management of the build of the stores across both brands maintaining the brand identity and working with the Concept teams to ensure a cohesive brand identity across all regions.
Reporting into the Project Support Manager and working with the Store Development Coordinators and Project Managers you will assist in the administration of the projects ensuring all essential information is in place to realize the site from concept to completion. You will be involved in coordination, stock control, planning, budgeting and logistics. This is an exciting entry level role into the world of store design and development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Set up folders on the main drives and assist in filing throughout the assigned projects
- Weekly maintenance of project tracking files including budget updates across Stores
- In conjunction with Procurement maintain a Contractor Database including all insurance documentation, renewals, copies of NDAs and general company information.
- Working alongside the Concept Content Manager; maintain the Store Development email inbox and Web Portal Content through weekly update meetings and reviews.
- Assist the PMs with Opening Pack orders and graphics plans liaising with the Visual Merchandising Team.
- Raising purchase orders for project related equipment in accordance with the project scheduling
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Participating with cross functional teams on individual store designs by participating in periodic schematic reviews with operations, visual and design reviews under the guidance of the project managers.
- Coordinate quotes and communicate budgets for projects
- Setup, attend and actively participate in weekly Design Review meetings
- Oversee the production and issue of the Store Roll-out Planning Tool and ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
Desired Skills and Job Requirements:
- Start date for the internship: January – February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Excellent organization skills especially Planning and Time Management.
- Presentation skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Open-minded and international mindset
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task
- Good commercial awareness
- Employment type: full-time
Nice to have:
- Ability to visualize and draw in 3D and technically
- Sketch-up / Adobe Creative Suite Skills
- In progress Degree BA level, or equivalent in Design or architecture
- Professional experience in retail or retail related fields
- Experience in Revitt
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top