Job Internship Project Management
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Central Brand Merchandising department was first established in September 2015 and works closely with the Brand Merchandising Team. The Brand Merchandising team will focus on driving consumer-focused merchandising strategies, range planning, assortment planning, and product storytelling.
The Central Merchandising department will focus on an extremely important and complex project aimed at optimizing the product development cycle and focusing on consumer centrism.
We forecast that the implementation of a shorter development cycle will take about two years, with many steps to achieve during this period. We call this project 'Speed 360', to stress the importance of achieving faster speed-to-market through a 360 degree change in our processes.
The department works cross-divisional and closely with key-stakeholders of all back-office functions (e.g. supply chain, logistics), product divisions (e.g. menswear, womenswear, kidswear, accessories), as well as 'locally in the countries' OR 'European country organizations'.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Intern is supporting the Project Manager to deliver the required process changes that allow faster speed to market and consumer centricity. In particular he/she:
- Contributes to the problem solving process: frame problems, execute analytical modeling, and through analysis provide insights into solutions.
- Can prioritize and carry on concurrent tasks, related to the same or to different projects.
- Understands and shows passion for the worldwide fashion and retail market in terms of consumer behavior, competitor and industry developments.
The Range Planning Project Intern will work on the following and other tasks:
- Assist in organizing and facilitating key meetings/ workshops: track preparation
- Attend key meetings and document proceedings
- Support analysis on assortment structure and drive change / alignment to consumer expectations
- Facilitate key debrief meetings
- Support the definition of the framework for range planning
- Start date for the internship is: January-February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled as a student in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Ideally the candidate is studying Fashion Management or equivalent
- Is well aware of fashion processes like merchandising and assortment planning.
- Can interact with various levels of the organization in key merchandising processes.
- Acts independently, but realizes the importance of coaching and mentorship in an Internship
- Excellent social and communication skills, does not take him/herself too seriously
- Excellent MS-Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Fluent written and spoken English is required
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Employment type: full-time
We're looking for a talented individual who is a strong team player, who eagerly seeks opportunities and shows passion for the job, who enjoys a challenging environment and working on new topics. He/she is eager to continuously improve and develop, curious by nature, constantly raising the bar.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top