Job Internship Product Development
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Tommy Menswear division is the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the division is split into 4 main product groups, Outerwear, Cut and Sewn, Shirt and Bottoms. The product group Bottoms is responsible for the development, the buying and the quality of the Swimwear, the Non Denim- and the Denims bottoms. We are looking for a candidate for the internship, which will work closely with the Denim Coordinator.
The product team Bottoms, works in an informal setting on creating high end quality product for the European consumer base and International licensees. Tommy Hilfiger Menswear presents 4 equal collections per year. The Non Denim team is responsible for the complete Development and Production cycle of the Non Denim product, from fabric sourcing, proto making wash development, Sales Sample, pre-production sample and production planning and quality, covering 1.7 million pieces per year.
- Assist in research of concepts and competition research
- Set up Non Denim Development archive
- Assisting in collection development and presentations.
- Assisting in the administrational task of the collection development. ( Fabric –and development matrix, BOM's)
- Helping out with sketching up styles
- Measuring samples and assist in preparing fit sessions.
- Understanding the Non Denim design process
- Internship start date: February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Minimal educational requirements: University/Fashion School (AMFI)
- Product and Production minded
- Good communications skills.
- Fluent in English, speaking and written
- IT skills: Illustrator/Photoshop/Excel/PDM
- Basic construction skills of clothing
- Committed worker, team player and open personality
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top