Job Internship Outlet Buying
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Outlet team is a dynamic environment. The ability to see the full supply chain process (production-warehouse-store) makes it interesting for students from different backgrounds.
As an intern for Outlet Buying, you will get a clear insight on how the Production and Buying process works. Because of the close working relationships with the other outlet teams such as merchandising, planning and operations you will get a clear understanding of the entire product life cycle.
You will learn about the systems for style creation and purchase management, and will get a chance to work with our vendors and buying offices on the running production line.
The intern will assist the buying team in all job responsibilities including:
- System administration and communication: Create Styles and PO's in our systems and follow up communication with vendors. This can include creating POs in SAP, creating styles, maintaining the BOM's (Bill of Materials) for all styles and updating specs.
- Support Product development: keeping a record/track of all outlet samples. Assist in checking prototypes, Pre-Production samples, lap-dips and strike-offs and make sure they are according to our requirements. Follow up ifes and advise if vendors can continue for bulk.
- Support In-bound tracking and reporting: make sure that the goods arrive in time in the warehouse, follow up with vendors.
- Start date for the internship: January-February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU
- The candidate should be enrolled in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- Educational requirements: HBO/University
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Accurate and efficient
- Flexible and team worker
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office especially Excel
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top