Job Internship Marketing and Communication
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The position is part of the MEA+ NL department and works closely with the EMEA marketing department within PVH Europe Headquarters. The position is based in Amsterdam, and part of the Dutch PVH Country organization, from where the entire local business is managed. Country Management PVH NL consists of teams for Retail and Wholesale, Buying, HR, Customer Service and Finance which manage all elements to drive the success of the Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein brand within The Netherlands.
The marketing & communications intern plays a key role in supporting the marketing team with the successful implementation of the marketing & communication strategy within the Netherlands for both Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein.
- Support the retail marketing team on all marketing activities in our owned and operated stores
- Assist in generating locally relevant and creative retail activations and CRM ideas
- Support in the production of all relevant retail events and activities
- Support the Wholesale marketing team in coordinating and executing the marketing needs for selected Dutch key accounts
- Be the daily contact for our wholesale clients who you will support on providing the right marketing assets (offline and online)
- Support on coordinating all seasonal activities; from POS materials, to events, pop-ups, windows and gift with purchase
- Manage and track advertising and image requests
PR Communication Responsibilities
- Assist in organizing our seasonal Media Day event
- Aid in all sample management and coordinate sample requests
3RD Party Ecommerce Responsibilities
- Provide support in consolidating, validating and distributing seasonal image assets for our 3 party ecommerce partners
- Support on coordinating marketing briefs to central marketing and the creative artwork studio
- Support on (seasonal) recaps and department presentations
- Aid in researching relevant and current market trends
- Start date for the internship: January/February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in a Bachelor or Master studies in International Business / Marketing & Communications throughout the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Able to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- Pro-active and results driven
- Organized and efficient
- Fluent in Dutch and English Language, verbal and written.
- MS Office (Outlook, PPT, PDF, Word, Excel), OS Keynote and preferably knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
- Experience in Apparel/Fashion/Lifestyle and/or Retail industry a plus
- International experience is a plus
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top