Job Internship Legal
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The PVH Europe Legal Department is based in the PVH International headquarters in Amsterdam. The main activities relate to brand protection, intellectual property, contracts, and corporate and compliance matters, related to the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein businesses in the EMEA+ region. For brand protection the department acts as the first point of contact for Tommy Hilfiger worldwide and for Calvin Klein in Europe. Intellectual property matters relate to trademark infringements, trademark clearance and licensing and co-branding. The contractual work and corporate and compliance matters mostly relate to distribution, supply chain, real estate, IT, privacy, M&A matters, anti-trust, marketing, promotions and licensing.
The Legal Intern will join an international, dynamic, fun and close-knit team of 18 people. The Legal Intern will work on all kind of legal matters dealt with by the legal department, including:
- The review and drafting of contracts and (corporate) documents
- Requests and questions from our daily business regarding legal aspects of any kind – e.g. product liability, e-commerce, privacy
- Collection of information and know-how
- Drafting of presentations
- Brand protection issues
- Intellectual property questions
- Corporate projects and compliance matters
- Start date for the internship: January-February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- It is a requirement that the candidate is eligible to work in the EU
- University level in European Law, civil law, company law, IP law, contract law and/or Dutch law
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing; any other European language is an additional asset
- Excellent in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Accurate research skills, organizational and planning skills and reporting skills
- Eye for detail, reliable, accountable, able to prioritize
- Flexible, can-do mentality and motivation to go the "extra mile"
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Team player
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top