Job Internship Design
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
- Creative and Practical support of the Runway WSW design team;
- Assist in maintaining a positive and creative work environment;
- Assisting designers in the day to day running of the studio;
- Assist in the creation of CAD sketches for the collection;
- Assist in the creation of artwork pages for print and embroideries;
- Assisting in the creation of colourcards, moodboards and presentation boards.
- Attending and assisting in fittings during TH Collection and Runway meetings;
- Assisting in the preparation and running of runway and TH collection meetings and fittings.
- Running the TH Collection & Runway archive, co-ordinating and keeping track on the movement of samples in and out of the studio;
- Good research skills with a focus on both current trends and vintage/ classic styles and details.
- Working with this research to produce design, fabrics and prints moodboards for both TH Collection and Runway.
- Assist in the administration of design – uploading sketches, style names and codes into PLM system.
- Gain experience and a thorough understanding of the design, development and fabric process
- from concept to presentation of TH Collection and Runway;
- Understanding of brand appropriate design and fabric selection;
- Improve knowledge of photoshop and illustrator;
- Improve time management and organization, learning to prioritize based on given tasks.
- Start date for the internship: January 1st 2018. Duration: 6 months.
- The candidate should be enrolled in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Educational requirements: University
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- Technical/Computer Skills: Good Illustrator and Photo Shop knowledge is essential.
- Basic knowledge of print/embroidery techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of current fashion trends and influences as well as vintage.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and use their own initiative whilst working as part of our small team.
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top