Job HR Advisor (Maternity Cover)
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
- The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
For a maternity cover we are looking for an HR Advisor for an employment contract period of 8 months (October '17 until May '18). Our business is growing so there is a possibility that this role can be changed into a permanent employment contract. We are not looking for a freelance solution.
The HR Advisor is a member of the HR generalist team. The primary responsibilities of the HR Advisor are to support the HR Manager(s) and serve as an internal consultant to employees, providing comprehensive and pragmatic operational HR support to the business.
- Provide support to line managers on all employee related issues including performance management, performance development, career development and absence management.
- Provide advice, coaching and training to employees and line managers (up to Director level) regarding Dutch labor law and benefits in the areas of, holiday, absence, maternity leave, parental rights etc.
- Inform employees, managers and directors about relevant HR processes and policies, like the recruitment process and the performance and development process.
- Ensure a successful onboarding of new employees by holding new joiners meetings and supporting them with completing the paperwork, i.e. pension, health insurance, etc.
- Provide support to employees and managers on short and long term persistent absence cases.
- Liaise with Arbo services on absence cases and maintain comprehensive documentation in relation to sickness absence and reintegration planning.
- Assist in the analysis of training needs and development and implementation of relevant training as necessary in relation to areas of responsibility.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees leaving the company and provide (quarterly) analysis of the results.
- Ensure queries from employees and line managers are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provide all relevant information related to joiners, leavers and other payroll/HR mutations to the payroll administrator and/or benefits administrator in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep track of employment contract end dates and make sure extensions/terminations are timely confirmed in writing to employees.
- Produce confirmation letters related to contract renewal, termination, job changes, salary changes, development plans, disciplinary actions etc.
- Provide (monthly) HR management information/reporting.
- Support in the development and enhancement of HR policies, processes and procedures as necessary.
- Support the HR Manager(s) in the execution of the strategic business initiatives, including succession planning and talent review.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as requested from time to time.
- Support HR Generalists colleagues during periods of absence.
This is a challenging fast-paced role in a dynamic business environment, requiring flexibility and a hands-on approach. The individual needs to be highly organized, confident and used to working independently. Other requirements are:
- Postsecondary education; degree or post graduate diploma in Human Resources, Psychology, Social Science or Labor law or equivalent
- Min 3 years of relevant HR Generalist experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Dutch essential
- Practical working knowledge of Dutch employment legislation especially; grievance & disciplinary procedures; employee rights; maternity & parental rights; dismissal; discrimination; consultation.
- Comprehensive understanding of current HR 'best practice' and benchmarks.
- Ability to solve problems based on rational thinking and to present ideas in a logical format.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Attention to detail, with a proactive approach to all aspects of work.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues, employees, line managers and external contacts to senior level.
- Efficient, with capacity to manage tight deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Trustworthy with high standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
- Receptive and understanding in relation to needs of diverse multi-national workforce.
- Flexible and forward thinking.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Occasional flexibility to work hours outside daily core office hours when necessary.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top