Job Fabric Manager Maternity
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
- Manage the fabric category with Design & Development team from beginning development through final bulk for TH Womenswear sportswear line, across woven product categories.
- Reports into Senior Fabric Manager
- Attend fabrics fairs, then provide to Design teams with recommendations on current and upcoming fabric trends.
- Research and development of fabrics in line with creative & commercial requirements
- Source and counter source fabrics, while staying within required parameters such as pricing, minimums, & lead-times.
- End to end development including research, launch, lap dip, strike off from SMS through to bulk delivery in line with divisional calendar.
- Challenge and negotiate prices based on collection requirements.
- Ensure transparency of raw material costs at all stages of development & production ensuring all pricing and margin strategies are supported
- Mill collaboration
- Provides feedback, analysis of the technical sheet and evaluation of quality fabrics.
- Raw Material Management including launching, tracking & ordering of all prototype & salesman sample yardages in accordance with calendar and vendor requirements
- Create and sustain open communication cross functionally with designers, suppliers and HK office.
- Work with Development Manager to identify core/lux fabrics and align with merchandising plan.
- Maintain accurate Fabric WIP chart, including estimate spending to stay within budget
- Partner with Design and sourcing teams to initiate and drive fabric adoption process. Assist in building seasonal fabric concept boards.
- Cross functional partnership to ensure correct product is sourced and delivered in accordance to design, merchandising, technical and quality requirements
- Risk Management Collaboration: Highlight, to resolve any product related risks during the development process
- Make claims for fabric damages/over shipped yardage and process discounts
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar role
- Higher textile education
- Problem solving
- Strong organizational skills
- Price and fabric negotiation skill
- Pro-active, organized and flexible
- Good communication skills in English – written and oral
- Italian speaking a plus
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top