Job E-Commerce Trading & Buying Manager
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Ecommerce department is responsible for the tomm.com web shops in Europe. There are 9 stores shipping all product Divisions to 22 countries.
The Trade Manager is part of the Trading team and has his own specific responsibility for a clearly defined product area. Within this area the Trade Manager is responsible for all aspects from creating the right assortment for E-commerce and managing the products in order to achieve:
- Order Entry and Net sales plans
- Optimized sell-through's
- Minimized returns
The Trade Manager is responsible for the budget of his/her buy. He/she will prepare relevant analysis from past performance and work with the Planning Manager in order to optimize his/her buy.
The Trade Manager fully creates his/her assortment from the vast offer presented by the Divisions. They actively participate in Adoption, Line Opening and Buying meetings in order to understand the market trends and the company priorities.
The Trade Manager is responsible for the managing the stock and merchandising the articles in the online website, including:
- Full responsibility for product selection/ranging.
- Responsibility for the performance of that selection and KPI's.
- To influence future ranges alongside divisional priorities
- To be the voice of Ecommerce for your division throughout the business
- Ensure the creation of master data per style colour option
- Collaborate with Art Director to ensure product images meet requirements
- Deliver input into creative briefs for style guides, looks, features, promotions, newsletters and projects with the aim of maximizing sell-throughs
- Collaborate with Site Merch team to ensure division is well represented on tommy.com
- Manage a team of up to 3 people, responsible for multiple divisions.
- Report weekly on key KPI's with clear actions based on the data
- Agile, action-orientated approach to trading
On an ongoing basis in season they pro-actively control the assortment, analyzing stock levels, sell-through's and re-orders to maximize sales.
- Results driven, with strong ability to work within budgets.
- A self starter, with the ability to drive your business autonomously, within the company framework.
- 3-5 years' experience in a buying & trading role.
- Knowledge of product and forward trends
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Good communicator
- Ability to effectively influence others
- Natural good sense of style and aesthetic.
- Strong sense of organization.
- Good analytical skills
- Proactivity and drive.
- Capacity to get the big picture and dig in detailed analysis
- Familiar and comfortable working with MS Excel
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top