Job eCommerce Infrastructure & Technical Operations Lead
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
- The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The eCommerce Infrastructure & Technical Operations Lead will be responsible for the technical operations of the eCommerce sites in Europe (Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, B2C and B2B). Partially coordinating, partially behind the screen working on the systems. In this role you will report into the Manager Digital Selling IT, working closely together with other IT and eComm managers. Your work environment will be fast paced, highly visible with multiple stakeholders and priorities. It will require you to make timely and tough decisions, being ambitious without losing focus on the larger picture. You (pro) actively advice IT and eComm management on all related topics; advise or propose design improvements, security concerns and create/review budget proposals.
- Your primary focus will be site uptime
- Design & engineer the application infrastructure to be reliable, efficient, and maintainable
- Manage our hosting providers
- Manage our 3rd party service providers
- Coordinate efforts between eComm/Web developers, administrators, infrastructure teams and hosting providers.
- Manage the eCommerce efforts around security and PCI compliance
- Creating and updating landscape and process flow documentation.
- Implement application performance monitoring to ensure site uptime and performance.
- Define and measure key operational metrics including site performance, incidents, and recurring issues
Internal &External Contact
Internal: Digital Selling IT team; eCommerce department; (web) development teams, I.T. infrastructure team,
External: hosting providers; service providers, outsourced systems integration consultants.
- 4+ years eCommerce technical operations experience
- Experience with high-volume, public facing, transactional web applications with high levels of availability with resilient application architecture, scalable infrastructure, technical operations automation, and 360 degrees of application performance monitoring
- Experience with ITIL standards
- Experience with root-cause analysis and troubleshooting infrastructure issues
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, thoroughness and quality towards assigned tasks/goals
- Degree in programming/systems or computer science, specialized training, or equivalent work experience required
- Networking, Load balancing
- Firewall and security
- IBM WebSphere
- Understanding of DB2 v9.7
- Understanding of XML
- Web Services
- Application Performance Monitoring tools such as New Relic
- Understanding of Continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins/Bamboo
- Understanding of Git-based source code control systems
- Understanding of at least one scripting language including Python, PERL, Ruby, Shell
- Unix/Linux power user
- ITIL and PCI standards
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top