Job Director Visual Merchandising Europe
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
- The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Europe Retail Visual Merchandising Team is responsible for creating and communicating all the VM tools (Guidelines, Principles & Training) to our Tommy Hilfiger Retail, SIS and Outlet stores. Tools that will help provide a look and feel that represents the Brand and ensures that the stores are delivering a premium consumer experience through product presentation. This is supported by the collaboration with Window, Store Concept, Marketing and all Head Office department teams to ensure that the Retail VM strategy, the country and store needs are met.
The VM Director – Tommy Hilfiger Europe will report into the Senior Director, Global Visual Merchandising & Windows. Main responsibilities will include managing the level of VM execution across all Owned and Operated stores, Shop in Shop, and Outlet stores within TH Europe. Managing the VM Team of 10, your team must deliver the following key objectives:
- Deliver Visual merchandising presentation guidelines and tools in line with the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear and Womenswear brand for all businesses across Europe to optimize sales and profit.
- Create Visual Merchandising guidelines that balance art and commerce, contributing to enhancing the customer store experience and increasing overall sales per square meter.
- Work in strong partnership with the Menswear and Womenswear Division, Marketing, Store Concept and Development, and Country Retail teams to lead the company in all In-Store Visual Merchandising excellence in accordance with the TH brand strategy.
- The VM Director – Tommy Hilfiger Europe reports directly into the Senior Director of Global Visual Merchandising & Windows.
- Deliver strong, creative and commercial VM guidelines and tools that are understandable and easy to implement within all points of distribution (Retail Own & Operated Stores, Shop in Shops, Wholesale, and Outlets)
- Deliver accurate and timely information on all VM aspects of Menswear and Womenswear to field partners and stores.
- Form and maintain strong partnerships with the Menswear and Womenswear Division in regards to seasonal concepts, design, collections, and merchandising planning.
- Form strong partnerships with Marketing in regards to seasonal and new campaigns, special retail needs from briefings through implementation.
- Form strong partnerships with Store Development in regards to the evolution of the Tommy Hilfiger brand customer store experience and environment.
- Form strong partnerships with Retail teams (head office and field) in regards to the development and growth of the VM and Operational standards across the Tommy Hilfiger business.
- Manage Visual Merchandising team in and influence and maintain the evolution of display and product presentation, ensuring to deliver and meet brand and channel expectations.
- Manage the VM Communications team on providing the clear direction, inspiration, guidance and feedback through a consistent monitoring process to deliver the right consumer experience within the right environment.
- Manage the implementation training initiatives such as seasonal Model Stores, Line Opening Presentation, and Market Workshops.
- Support Country teams on implementation of new VM strategy
- Manage the delivery of the seasonal VM Guidelines by working closely with country VM Teams, Merchandising and Graphic Designers to provide all relevant content and direction.
- Strong partnership with the Director of Global Windows and Windows team on collaborating in alignment to the overall TH brand vision.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior VM Manager role
- Creative & commercial VM background within similar retain environment(s)
- Proven track record of delivering results, managing people & projects
- Strong planning, organizational skills, ability to multi task
- Excellent communication skills, command of English language (written & spoken)
- Strong fashion affinity and knowledge/awareness of the retail industry
- Ability to conceptualize ideas and bring them to realization
- Ability to manage and multi-task between projects and workstreams
- Ability to be self-reliant and comfortable with decision-making
- Ability to delegate and follow-up with a good sense of people judgement
- Ability to lead through example and inspire others
- University and/or role related degree for impact on interaction with various cultures
- Good knowledge of MS office
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top