Job Director, Global Social Media (TH)
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The TH Marketing & Communications department has 3 key objectives:
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Consistently bring the brand to life in the markets
- Be a pro-active business partner
It's scope includes setting strategies, and giving direction and servicing the business of its 'clients': Divisions, Countries, Departments, Licensing Partners and Senior Management. It is the point of liaison between client needs, the brand and the final consumer.
Our core competences cover a wide variety of capabilities: brand management, corporate communications, advertising, media management, promotion management, trade marketing, campaign creation, in-store marketing (POS), digital marketing, event management, sponsoring, PR management and celebrity endorsement.
Digital works closely with all departments ensuring that on-line activations across social media and tommy.com are closely integrated with marketing and communication initiatives.
This role is end-responsible for all consumer-facing messaging and interactions across the brand's global social media channels. It's about building and nurturing connections with consumers around key brand campaigns, events, collections and activations, making use of latest trends and developments in the world of social media.
The role is also responsible for integrating social media into existing touchpoints or processes in a way that is most intuitive and beneficial for the consumer, ultimately driving business results.
Entrepreneurial spirit and a drive for constant innovation are a must in order to continuously position the brand as an innovative player in the industry.
This role oversees a team of 6, with 3 direct reports.
- Work together with the VP Consumer Journey and the Digital Marketing Director to develop and embed social media strategies that will drive the Tommy business and brand. Deliver data, insights and analytics to help guide strategy development
- Develop effective relationships with the global communications and media teams, acting as a counterpart in their strategy development.
- Demonstrate an omni-channel mindset, working to deliver a consistent experience across channels
Innovation & Improvement
- Constantly strive for innovation in the social space. Keep abreast of competitive activity within the digital space and suggest learning for Tommy Hilfiger
- Maximize own data as well as paid media and Tommy.com data to consistently track and improve performance
- Gather digital learning and feed these learning back in order to improve the marketing & communications management process
- Support the development of digital analytics
- Responsible for the efficiency, effectiveness and evaluation of Global Digital Marketing Campaigns on Social Media.
- Responsible for budget management (>2 million EUR) around Social Media activities
- Oversee social media content creation and execution of campaigns, ensuring brand's visual identity and positioning
- Proactively drive the development of the skills and capabilities of the social media team, improving the overall functioning of the team
- Oversees direct reports working on content creation & publishing, monitoring & reporting and regional management.
- Drive awareness within team of the overall objectives of the marketing & communications department – driving the brand, consumer engagement & traffic both online and offline. Apply these objectives in the strategies developed and implemented.
- Act as an internal ambassador for social media innovations, driving awareness and education within the wider marketing teams
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top