Job BI Developer (Data Science)
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
- The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Business Intelligence Centre (BIC) based in Amsterdam is a designated group of BI professionals with the time and collective know how to:
- maximize the company's BI investments;
- mapping out Business Intelligence Strategies; and
- driving Business Intelligence Analytics.
The Business Intelligence Centre has been established to consolidate the efforts in the area of developing Business Intelligence under one roof to create more focused and powerful business insights.
The Business Intelligence Centre is supporting and advising the sales organisations and product divisions on:
- generating standard reporting on key performance indicators for the business,
- creating insights through analytics and data mining on sales & distribution, inventory, supply chain and product development data and
- master data policies, governance, standards and monitoring tools.
The BIC has functional teams in the area of (i) Business Partnering, (ii) Report Engineering, (iii) Data Science, (iv) BI IT and (v) Masterdata Governance who work together in a cross functional project organization format.
PVH is looking for developer professionals to join our team of data scientists. You will be working with stakeholders throughout the company to gather the data and expose it to the business. If you consider yourself to be that unique hybrid of developer, data hacker, business analyst, communicator and mentor that maintains a strong customer focus and values pragmatism over perfection, then we'd like to hear from you. There will be also the opportunity to progress your career in Data Science.
- Mine the data from internal and external sources
- Expose the data produced by Data Science models to the business and third parties
- Transform and extend large, complex data volumes
- Perform the research and analysis of big data
- Leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain
- Have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work.
- Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members
Position reports to BI Data Science Manager.
- Technical skills regarding programming and data analysis
- Experience building APIs , understanding of principles of scraping data, experience of work with RESTful Web Services (JSON/XML based)
- Working knowledge of at least two programming languages out of Node.js, Python, R, SQL
- Program optimization and applications workflow parallelization experience
- Experience of production frameworks for big data flows
- Knowledge of principles of Data Science and Machine Learning is a big plus
- Working experience of SAP HANA, Hadoop is a plus
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written in the English language
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant role
- Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigour
- Bachelor, Masters, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top