Internship Shop in Shop Development
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Shop-In-Shop (SIS) team is part of the Retail Store Development Department which services the design and implementation of retail corners at department stores across Western and Eastern Europe as well as Middle East and Africa. With over 400 projects realized in 2016, this is a fantastic opportunity to experience the fast paced working environment of a global fashion brand.
As SIS intern, you will support Project Managers in the design and construction of running SIS projects within the parameters of the global concept guidelines. In the role you will be exposed to a variety of tasks both design focused and also more project management and administrative related tasks. The role will require flawless coordination, planning, budgeting and logistics to deliver the brand concept to the highest level. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment.
- Assist the Project Managers with reviewing initial sketch/lay-out and liaise with Concept Team, Project Manager and Manager.
- Participating with cross functional teams on individual store designs by participating in periodic schematic reviews with operations, visual and design reviews under the guidance of the Project Managers.
- Execute general office procedures in setting up projects.
- Database Management.
- Weekly maintenance of project tracking files including budget updates across SIS's.
- Raising purchase orders for project related equipment in accordance with the project scheduling.
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Coordinate quotes and communicate budgets for projects.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly Design Review meetings.
- Support the Senior Project Manager in special projects for the team and for personal development.
- Site visits to store openings.
- Start Date: January/February 2018. Duration is 6 Months.
- Candidate must be enrolled in architecture or design related course for the entire period of internship.
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken).
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent organizational skills, especially planning and time management.
- Strong communication skills, in order to communicate efficiently and effectively with representatives from various countries.
- Open-minded and international mindset.
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task.
- Interest in the retail/fashion industry.
- Revit (Not mandatory but preferred).
- Adobe Creative Suite Skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top