Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Calvin Klein Womenswear is a recently established division that is currently being set up for a collection launch soon. We focus on a lean and entrepreneurial approach to define future processes and relevant content. In total the company as a whole is changing into a consumer centric model so there is an ongoing general mindset change which we feel very confident about.
The merchandising team is based in Amsterdam, the design team in New York, and buying and planning processes are rearranged into a centralized set-up, located in Amsterdam too. Due to redefining our way of working it requires a lot of communication between all teams while having an eye on market ideas shifting into new concepts. The ultimate goal is to develop a product that is ready-to-wear and based on consumer demand within Europe while carrying a worldwide aesthetic of a CK brand and being in line with the brand vision and DNA. We are a small dynamic team, a big vision and many opportunities, this is us!
Merchandise Management is responsible for the full collection analysis, structure and final outcome under consideration of all relevant feedback.
Supporting in establishing a strong relationship to markets, collecting their feedback, foreseeing newness and trends, as well as new concepts within the markets in a fast moving and constantly changing womenswear environment is an essential task. However always having in mind the core of the collection: a well-balanced formula of modern interpretation of basics and highlight pieces, considering different market needs within one European collection.
Strengthening the sense for a reasonable consideration of the feedback given, a strong analytical mind and a positive attitude, intending to find the biggest overlap for all parties is a characteristic of the respective candidate. Developing a commercial mindset, learning to identify bestsellers at an early stage, seeing the collection as a whole but also in a deep-dive perspective, supporting to define a price structure and mapping several parameters to meet requirements given, is expected and desired.
Last but not least: learning being accountable and taking care of all collection parameters needed in our system, constantly exchanging with the team, ensuring the system set-up evolves constantly and all data is ready to meet all the deadlines.
- Be open-minded to learn to be the link between design, merchandising and product development in all matters
- Assist translating market demand and trend information based on quantitative feedback (such as sell-thru numbers, pricing parameters, quantities etc) and qualitative facts (such as market input and trends, commercial product needs, customer behavior, etc) into a detailed range plan handed over to design
- Learn to analyze sales results, different market needs, competitor structure and pricing in order to identify market opportunities and growth potential for each country and sales channel
- Support in preparation and participate in product and collection alignment meetings where the collection is shared with the sales team at an early stage to ensure a successful selling season
- Assist to prepare, participate and manage the work stream at a very early stage in the system to ensure all system set-up is ready for line opening where the collection is handed over to sales, monitor inbound of samples
- Strongly support organizing line opening, maintain all necessary sales tools and line books, product shows, showroom set-up etc
Assist analyzing sales per account and per product category as well as preparing sales reports for the division, during and after selling season
- Start date for the internship: January/February 2018. Duration: 6 months.
- The candidate should be enrolled in a university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Minimum 1 internship experience (merchandising, product development, brand management, sales, etc) in a comparable company set-up
- Good communication skills in English and additional EU languages, written and verbal, are a plus
- Willing to learn, while having planning and organizational skills as well as an approach to improve and streamline processes
- Possibly a commercial mindset/ consumer and retail focused, basic knowledge of the fashion industry and strong fashion affinity
- Ability to handle pressure while working on multiple tasks under tight deadlines by providing high quality work results; embrace the hands on, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Good skills in MS Excel (reporting and handling big data amounts, executing pivots and other analysis) as well as Word and PowerPoint are a plus
- Team player, successful at building relationships
- Positive mindset, open minded, embracing change and taking new ways to reach targets
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top