Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Calvin Klein Jeans – Merchandising
The merchandising team is responsible for the planning and implementation of a successful product merchandising strategy that meets the country specific product requirements and delivers on the margin targets. Key contacts to support all country sales teams with presenting the collection, support key account meetings and ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail.
- Support the merchandising team with preparation of presentations and key meetings such as line opening, line adoption, proto reviews;
- Assisting the merchandising team in administrative and organizational tasks such as writing and sending out recaps after meetings;
- Assist with the daily tasks in regards to updating and monitoring PLM / line list for example with cancellations and/or additions;
- Ensuring that data is aligned between departments, gathering information from internal and external parties;
- Assist the merchandising team in preparing after season sell in overviews as well as sell out information on a regular basis;
- Support the merchandising team during and after selling season with sales memo's, weekly sales overviews, country additions;
- Sample management: tracking down and sending samples to various parties that are in need for samples e.g. for photo shoots, fittings etc.;
- Perform various ad hoc analyses for the VP and merchandising team, for example sample efficiency per country;
- Special divisional project during the internship period will be defined (e.g. new visual range plan).
- Gain insight and understanding of all aspects of a full collection development cycle, from planning to collection reviews to the final launch of a product and in season sales;
- In-depth knowledge of the merchandising process while working together with design, production and sales teams;
- Gain an understanding of a collection build up that meets the needs of the market, based on historical numbers, trend-forecasting and sales feedback.
- Start date for the internship: January/February 2018. Duration: 6 months.
- The candidate should be enrolled in a university or school program for the entire period of internship.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Educational requirements: University; Business Administration/Fashion Management or similar field;
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing;
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office especially Excel, PLM knowledge;
- Experience in the Fashion industry is a plus;
- Personality: High level of accuracy, analytical mind-set, organized and pro-active working approach, eager to learn, supportive and ambitious attitude.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top