Internship Concept Design CK
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
We are seeking a skilled and creative (Retail) (Interior) Architect, master student, to join our Amsterdam team for 6 months. An Architecture internship within the Calvin Klein Store Concept Design department is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable insight into the world of Retail Architecture and working within a successful international, multinational business environment. You will be supervised by all the concept design team members and will execute specific tasks that will challenge the skills needed in your future work field. Calvin Klein is in the middle of 'a brand revolution' under the leading of the new Creative Director Raf Simons. For that, the concept team is developing and launching a fresh new concept upcoming year and will bring an exciting and interesting time.
Not only you will be exposed to follow the design process of the different concepts for Shop in Shops, Full Price, and Outlet stores, you will take away strong technical fixture detail development skills, exposure to working with multiple markets and suppliers, as well as knowledge of graphic design and specialized Architectural software programs as Autocad, Sketchup and Revit. Furthermore, the matrix structure that the Retail department currently operates within allows you the opportunity to see that there are more possibilities in the work force other than an architect/design bureau.
- Support the team with design and implementation of the first pilot shop in shop locations across Europe
- Collaborate with creating concept guidelines, blue print layouts, implementation documents, the Revit furniture library, concept presentations, renderings and drawing design intent drawings.
- Experience how close we work with our suppliers and test your technical skills by reviewing manufacture drawings and prototypes
- Participate in the Architectural design process by analyzing project documentation and standard details
- Discover the other Retail fields with further developing the digital applications, (Visual) Merchandising and Project managing
- Start date for the internship: January-February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Retail Interior Architect, preferably just graduated or master student
- Knowledge of Architectural details and specifications
- Ability to multi task and Organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- CAD drafting AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Knowledge of Revit
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office pack
- Great sense of humor and an enthusiastic personality to work with
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top