Internship Accessories Product Development
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Calvin Klein Accessories Division is growing season after season, we need to have the right people in place in order to continue to grow the business in the right way. Currently, the Product Development team has a staff of 3 full time people to support a Design team of 7 people in Amsterdam. The current Product Development team oversees & drives business for 6 different categories - Handbags, Small Leather Goods, Belts, Soft Accessories, Key FOB's, Umbrella's for BOTH genders Women's & Men's.
Within our department there is a great opportunity to learn the Product Development process as well as business processes; a chance to build relationships with cross functional partners and also learn valuable insights as to how to communicate with cross functional partners both internal & external.
The Calvin Klein Intern will report into the both Product Development Managers within the Calvin Klein Accessories Division.
Intern will be responsible for:
- Assisting in maintaining Seasonal Material and Lapdip library
- Sending and Tracking all Samples sent and received
- Setting up PLM information – ensuring all information is correct and regularly updated across styles/vendor requests/boms and SAP interface
- Support both Product development managers with day to day administrative tasks
- Liaise with external buying office on tracking parcels/samples or requesting reference swatches
- Uploading comments into PLM per season across Men's/women's
- Support Line Adoption preparation – arranging samples to locations/ maintain list of samples and ensure samples are sent back to Office to correct PD Manager
- Start date for the internship: January-February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate must be enrolled as a student in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Computer skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Familiar with software programs
- Highly organized with the ability to plan according to priority and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of Calvin Klein DNA and brand awareness
- Interested in Product Development and Production
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top