Internship Accessories Design Assistant for 3D modeling, color ups, tech packs
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Design Assistant assists the Accessories Design Team in creating a commercial collection and links Design to Product Development, creates seasonal mood and presentation boards, updates design overviews from the beginning of the creative process until finalized collection.
The Assistant Designer reports to the Designer Manager and will work closely with the design team.
- Supporting the designers in creating digital tech packs (SRFs), flat and 3D modeling, for belt's and Bag's hardware, Bag's brandings as well as for Small leather goods, and Soft Accessories by collecting all necessary information including sketches, material, and detail specifications from the design team and handing these over to the PD team complete and in time.
- Following up the development/design process working closely with CD and Designers
- Updating product/proto information the Design team is working on, ensuring sketches are always up to date and changes are communicated to PD and Merchandising
- Preparing sketch overviews on boards by group/line (colors, materials, sketches)
- Preparing digital line overviews and updating them during design process
- Creating color ups for seasonal presentations
- Assisting Designers in research and preparing presentations as well as sketch/look books
- Organizing practical logistics of presentation, travel and office requirements
- Start date for the internship: January-February 2018. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in a school or university for the entire period of internship
- The candidate should be eligible to work in EU
- Experience in Design, preferable leather accessories or fashion, Graphic or Industrial Design
- Digital 3D modeling
- Excellent knowledge of Computer applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino.
- Understanding of the design process and creation
- Aesthetic sensitivity and a passion for accessories
- Hands on and flexible
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Good team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Employment type: full-time
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top