Industrial Designer I - Speedo
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Industrial Designer I - Speedo
Speedo is looking for a motivated and creative Industrial Designer I to produce innovative equipment and accessories from concept to commercialization for Speedo's Equipment - Hard Goods Division. Under the direction from Speedo's Design Manager, the Industrial Designer will support each Equipment product category including Goggles, Dive, Caps, Aqua Fitness, Kid's Begin to Swim and Bags. The role will be responsible for creation of innovative and technologically advanced products that are original and true to the Speedo brand heritage. Designs must meet the needs of the Speedo's customers and end users that help drive the company's sales and profits. The role must effectively communicate and collaborate with all departments and levels within the organization, including but not limited to product development, merchandising, research and development, design, marketing and sales.
The role will be accountable for all creative design and production to enhance related product categories for the Speedo Equipment Division. Primary responsibilities include:
- Create designs for equipment products categories and contribute to the development of a product line
- Manage and track all phases of the design schedule to meet a development calendar that ensures on-time delivery
- Conduct market research and identify new trends while being familiar with the existing marketplace and associated patents and trademarks
- Provide tear sheets, sketches, and samples to establish trend and design research
- Create and communicate visual presentations with merchandising boards that illustrate products from concept through commercialization
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of materials and the hard goods manufacturing process
- Prepare and maintain detailed tech packs with development specifications for applicable vendors
- Catalog, organize and archive all design and research for necessary product categories by season
- Support and assist necessary responsibilities of a product development team, such as but not limited to coloring cads, editing tech packs, updating product feature sets
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple product categories and design projects at one time
- Attend all cross-functional and departmental meetings to review key concepts and product line development
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to support team members and the ability to successfully troubleshoot development issues when they may arise
- 5+years' experience designing and developing innovative equipment products
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or a related field
- Previous industrial design experience within sporting goods industry is a plus
- Strong PhotoShop and Illustrator skills and experience with 3D design programs are required with Hard Goods construction and sketching
- Knowledge of the hard goods manufacturing process, including materials and engineering limitations
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Displays initiative and innovation on the job
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
- Passion every day to design compelling, cutting edge product
- Extensive decision making and design judgment required
- Superior problem solving and ideation ability with regard to addressing usability issues, establishing or maintaining product design language and interpreting customer and end-user needs and desires
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to see color
- Ability to work under pressure, meet established timelines and manage multiple tasks
- Able to focus and complete duties in an open, dynamic and sometimes noisy environment
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, utilizing various methods of transportation
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top