Group Vice President, Business Development
Design Your Future at PVH
Group Vice President, Business Development
Assist the SVP, Treasurer in the identification, research, evaluation, due diligence review and integration of acquisitions, partnerships, investments and other business ventures on a global basis, across all business groups. Establish and maintain systems for monitoring M&A market activity, our licensee / JV partners’ performance as well as relevant acquisition prospects, including accurate and timely information flow regarding specific acquisition prospects and transactions. Additionally help drive all facets of corporate strategy formulation and planning, special strategic projects and business development activities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Ability to assimilate extensive amounts of detailed data to see the big picture, analyze and summarize vast amounts of information as well as understand all of the detail supporting the analysis.
- Project management, leadership and solid ability to problem-solve creatively.
- Solid organizational skills, analytical ability to work with processes, numbers and statistics.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Manages the M&A transaction process from identification of potential targets to close, leveraging prior M&A knowledge and experience. Deep understanding of operational, accounting, tax, legal, financing and human resource implications that a proposed transaction would have on PVH.
- Applies sound business judgment to routinely make recommendations on significant transaction terms with potentially large financial implications (i.e., indemnification provisions, working capital).
- Demonstrated results of managing M&A transactions.
- Coordinate with the Business Unit and Accounting to develop the five year operating and valuation models, including providing input on assumptions, levels of return and strategic value to PVH.
- Management and coordination of large and complex transaction teams comprised of members from the business unit, corporate functions and external resources such as outside legal counsel, consulting and accounting teams. In this role, the Vice President will need to ensure that the teams understand the transaction process, help the team identify and understand key issues and risks in the transaction and drive the team to recommendations and decisions on deal points.
- Responsible for helping to negotiate the transaction terms, including the letter of intent and all transaction related documents, with appropriate input from the Business Unit and Corporate leadership teams.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the Business Unit leadership teams and members of Senior Management throughout the transaction, including updates on the transaction, leading discussions and providing recommendations to resolve issues and presentations to the executive team requesting formal approval to proceed with the transaction.
- Develop, analyze, and prioritize business cases for high potential opportunities; topics span all areas of the business, including but not limited to brand, product, marketplace, distribution, channel, geography, and operations.
- Bring an analytical foundation to all work; partner across the organization to create initiative-specific and ongoing analytics; embed initiatives/business propositions across the organization; define initiative scope, success metrics, and high-level milestones
- Develop quantitative and qualitative content for ongoing strategies and deliverables such as monthly business updates, strategy meetings, Board of Director updates, and executive off-sites.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the industry and market trends, competitive intelligence, and consumers.
- Deliver business and market insights to facilitate decision-making, enable execution and drive ROI.
- Identify opportunities to maximize revenue through analysis of competitive landscape and business trends; makes strategic recommendations to optimize future business growth.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship global leadership teams where necessary / appropriate and work with others on the team to continually improve business development / M&A processes at PVH.
- Provide ad hoc analytics and other projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of corporate finance, strategy, consulting and analytics or investment banking experience
- Deep and nuanced understanding of the apparel/fashion industry including bricks-and-mortar, ecommerce, and preferably wholesale channels
- Exceptional financial acumen; global financial experience required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives
- Experience serving as a thought leader driving broad, cross-functional initiatives
- Experience operating in international markets; an understanding of non-US business operations and comfort traveling to and communicating with international stakeholders
- Exposure to relevant retail and/or manufacturing operations activities within a business of significant scale
- Examples of leading strategic transactions including building and managing effective multi-disciplinary teams, negotiating complex agreements and driving business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MBA or CPA preferred
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple initiatives independently while leveraging cross-functional resources
- Executive-level communication and presentation abilities; experience presenting at the C- and Board levels
- Strong influencing skills; the ability to build relationships and credibility internally and externally and drive action without direct reporting authority
- Ability to ascend to more senior roles within the Calvin Klein / PVH organization
- Proven ability to lead critical strategic initiatives from definition to execution in a complex, matrixed organization, marrying both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong analytical and reporting skill sets; ability to serve in a support capacity with regard to strategic financial and business analysis
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top