All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
The Garment Technician will own the technical development of the underwear and sleepwear collections each season assigned to He/She, in collaboration with the NY Design & Technical team on fit and style direction.
He/She will ensure consistency of fit across all collections.
He/She will guide and share technical knowledge on fitting and work-management skills with team/s.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Compile, analyze, and input information into PLM/PDM to deliver a comprehensive technical pack including measurement charts, sewing specifications, and BOM (foam pad and wire).
- Analyze and evaluate garments for construction, quality, and measurement.
- Work with Hub/Global Sourcing team/s closely managing and tracking sample TNA - Assisting where prompt conversation with vendors & action is needed.
- Help uphold SOP set in place internal and external within the company. For example -making sure vendors have a clear understanding of our brands development/fit process.
- Build relationships with Vendors to understand and support their technical capabilities.
- Being the connective technical link between the vendor and merchandisers by providing valuable information when concerns and call outs arise.
- Ensure fit and quality standards are established and communicated to merchandisers.
- Responsible for fit approval from 1st Fit through to PP approval.
- To participate in communication with cross functional teams and global teams sharing knowledge, aiding to better alignment.
- To participate in global projects to create and define new SOP and best practices.
TEAMWORK: Calibrated mind set which builds good working relationships and leads to team building. Collaborate toward deadlines and deliverables. Able to communicate effectively across the team and organization.
ORGANIZING: Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work with high accountability; manages own work and tracks progress. Seeks out resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
ENVIRONMENT: Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience: 4+ years of pattern making, grading and construction experience in underwear and sleepwear for the women's and/or men's
- Education: Diploma or above in technical Design / Patttern Grading or equivalent experience.
- Solid working knowledge of sewing techniques, stitch properties and overall garment detail.
- Knowledge of garment fit and ability to instruct a contractor on the garment manufacturability.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized and detailed oriented. Takes immediate action to resolve issues and problems.
- Team player with good inter-personal skills.
- Fluency in English. Chinese is an advantage.
- Strong Ms Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook). Knowledge in PLM/PDM system is an advantage.
Back to top