Footwear Designer I - Speedo USA
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Footwear Designer I - Speedo USA
The Footwear Designer I is responsible for producing compelling footwear designs for Speedo's Footwear Category and create product lines from concept to reality under the direction of our Design Manager and VP of Design.
This person will collaborate with our Design and Category management teams to create innovative product designs that appeal to targeted consumers and advance Speedo's design image and product performance.
This person will proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit, performance and cost/value requirements; produce and present materials that effectively communicate the category consumers, product concepts and creative strategy to internal and external audiences; and actively seek expert input to develop appropriate designs with regard to cost/value, fit and performance, manufacturability, sustainability, merchandising and aesthetic finish.
They will utilize their knowledge of category-specific consumers and cultures to improve product performance and appearance, and proactively work with Design management to advance and build a personal portfolio of design skills, experiences and product and process knowledge.
The role will be accountable for all creative design and production to enhance related product categories for the Speedo Equipment Division. Primary responsibilities include:
- Deliver innovative and affordable women's, men's and children's footwear design & concepts
- Manage the design process from trend research to finished product design, including sketching, CAD illustration, material selection and color application
- Provide detailed specifications for sample creation, refining designs to reflect sales feedback and fitting standards
- Adhere to design schedule to meet a development calendar that ensures on-time delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of materials and the hard goods manufacturing process
- Assist preparation and maintenance of detailed tech packs with development specifications for applicable vendors
- Catalog, organize and archive all design and research for necessary product categories by season
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple product categories and design projects at one time
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to support team members and the ability to successfully troubleshoot development issues when they may arise
- 3-5 years progressive footwear design experience
- Athletic footwear experience preferred
- Degree in Industrial Design, Footwear Design, Fashion Design or Graphic Design
- Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills are required with emphasis on construction and sketching
- Strong understanding of footwear materials, construction and production processes
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Displays initiative and innovation on the job
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
- Passion every day to design compelling, cutting edge product
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Historian & Heritage Brands Archivist, PVH
Suzanne helps preserve—and share—the company’s rich history by navigating offsite archives, conducting group tours, and writing about the brand’s evolution. She also contributed to building PVH's digital archives platform.
Back to top